They Don't Pass a Collection Plate Because.....

by OnTheWayOut 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWoods
    JWoods
    lol...ive had to ask evertime i visit a cong...honestly i NEVER find them.....

Do you have a problem with articles and talks on "giving from the heart" and such? I did - especially since the previous interpretation before they started doing this was that the money should just come in from the holy spirit being in the congregations. There was the theory that if money was not available for some particular purpose, then that meant that Jehovah was not in favor of it. This theory is now abandoned. They now feel free to solicit funds directly in print or from the platform. Hence this "no collection plate" vanity is a fraud.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

AE, I find it hard to beleive a hall has their contribution boxes so hard to find people have to ask.

It is handed to you at a church to pass to the next person. Not rude in any sense, nor (at least at my church) do people stare to see what you put in. How would they know anyway if you are a weekly, montly, semi monthly, bi-monthly, or yearly contributor?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    lol...ive had to ask evertime i visit a cong...honestly i NEVER find them.....

Well, that explains everything about you on all the other threads. Thanks.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

LOL good point OTWO.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

OTWO, or because she isn't a Dub and does not go to meetings

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

OTWO

LOL! I guess that what happens when you have your "angel eyes" closed.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

or if the devil has blinded them....

• trueblue
    trueblue

I knew someone that I went to a convention with and I noticed that he was going around all the contribution boxes and would stand there with a twenty in his hand until someone noticed him before he would actually put the money in the box.

He would do the same thing at the hall, and told me one time that he will hold a one dollar bill so you can not tell how much it is.

I noticed him giving a foreign girl a check so she could go to school to learn english, waving this huge check in the middle of the hall for a good 15 minutes.

He bought me dinner one time and then acted like he was my daddy or something, so I told him he is not my daddy.

you should know who the elders favoured.

I told the elders I thought he was supposed to come to me alone first like it say in the bible and they say ya but.

I haven't noticed any if buts or annies in the bible...

I guess if you have enough gold you can make your own rules.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit