How Do We Help JWs Who Come To This Site?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Personally I dont think I would have stayed on this site if it wasn't for Ynot and BlueCanary... They were the first to give me good advice I thought. Isaacautin was nice and others that incouraged research. Not being offending or sounding like an "apostate" (anyone that sounded like they were against JW). Now my eyes are opened and yelp WasAnElder Once was right I don't really want to go back!

I tried to share it with my DF friends and my family. They deleted it. So I guess it only me that gets this site. I also tried to get my fiance involved and he don't want anything to do with it really. But he has lighted up alot and now I can talk to him. He was raised as Church of God and doesnt go to church. But once in awhile will glance over and see me reading this stuff and finds it very interesting. Alot of you make good points!!

• bubble
    bubble

I know my sister has looked in to this forum (she's an avid JW), and she thought it was full of people slagging off the 'Truth'. It's a shame she didn't look further into the interesting debates on doctrine, and perhaps some of the moving personal experiences.

I think JW's see what they want to see when they look in here. If you are looking for a way out, you'll find it here. If you're looking for posts whinging about the religion, you'll find it here.

I personally was df'd, then started looking here. Was very mild with my comments at first, then got more involved in the meaty discussions, and now 7 years on, I just look in occasionally. This forum is whatever you need/want it to be.

• Twitch
    Twitch

This forum is whatever you need/want it to be.

True indeed.

• BadBettie
    BadBettie

I don't know. This answer hurts me because it is something I have grown to chuckle at/ love.... but the substitute words for wts such as Botchower Babble and crap society, and Kingdumbhell [I like that one] are part of what kept me from being here the first time, and it may be keeping others away. I felt it was a very negative environment [when I was a witness and visited the rare as in maybe twice occasion]. I was also a VERY VERY different person.

Now that I understand what is actually being held in by the substitute words, I appreciate them for what they are, and sometimes use them myself.

I'm not saying we should stop, I'm just saying it triggers those knee jerk reaction reflexes in those prone to them. I'm beyond that now because I have understanding. I think someone that does react to it initially here will be okay eventually too, unless they have a personal policy of having utmost respect and towards most if not all religion.

Also, The research here would be great for anyone that isn't afraid of a little potential "discovery" that they may not be able to comply with while holding hands with the WTS, I didn't realise this because of my initial knee jerk. Well *sigh* I set myself back there! lol

I hope be it people stay in or want out they come away from here with something. If one is truly spiritually stable and mature, places like this are not dangerous or a threat at all. One just needs to remember that we all have different experience with WTS, good or bad. Now lets learn everything we can about them so we understand why we do/did what they say/said.

Edit: I am trying to speak english, edited to make sense.. I think I need to get off work now lol.

• cattails
    cattails
    When a Witness checks this site out, they could think it's a Jehovah's Witness friendly site.

They wouldn't be thinking that for long if they read any of the posts, I'm sure.

Then again look at this thread? Penguins? "Scare the crap"? Crank generator?

What help can any of this bullshit be to anyone? It's just bad mouthing from a bunch of disaffected nincompoops, myself included, who have a place to spout off about what they don't like with a religion we were duped to believe in.

But then again there's Yknot and Isaac, and Blondie, and so many others too who seem like they are trying to help others come out from the mind control and give comfort for those feeling abused and mistreated by the cult.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Then again look at this thread? Penguins?..

Penguin Wave

Moony 1 What help can any of this bullshit be to anyone?Moony 1

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Botchower Babble and crap society, and Kingdumbhell Those are some of the words that drew me here to this Jehooba Witless site. It made me see that everything doesn't have to be so serious all the time. But I see what you are saying. It can appear disrespectful at first.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I for my part guess my best bet is to stay away from them. I have zero tolerance of them coming in here and preaching to us and calling us nasty names because we decided to live our lives.

• flipper
    flipper

I think we can assist JW's by pointing them in a direction to use their " authentic " real minds instead of the JW cult controlled mind. I usually try to recommend to them to read " Combatting Cult Mind Control " & " Releasing the Bonds " by Steve Hassan - so they can get an idea of how the witnesses are perceived and it helps them see they actually DO have a real mind- not just a controlled mind

• Opus92
    Opus92

Maybe we can help them by treating them like any other member of the site and going on with our business. Suggesting material to read, sites to visit, or people to talk to in order to help them get out seems like we're fulfilling the WTBTS description of apostates.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit