Contribution of Franz books on your decision to leave?

by Damocles 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

sorry AE, went to lunch...I pmed you it. And yes, seriously that is his email address. He is slow to reply, at 87 years old. Ask him anything, he is an open book.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Isaac could I trouble you for his addie so I can send him a thank-you note?

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

cheers IA....

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

no problems AE

Goshawk, check your pm

• finding my way
    finding my way

I had been disfellowshipped for a few years when I decided I needed to either get reinstated or not. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't very motivated to do so even though I thought it was the truth.

I think I started reading posts on Yahoo answers first and I was on the witness side of things originally but people were posting stuff about dates and articles that I thought were lies (because they always said the apostates were lying) and I decided to find out if they were lying or not. I went on Amazon I think and a bunch of books came up and his really caught my eye. ironically I trusted that it was true because it came from a former Governing Body Member.

I ordered both and read crisis of conscience very quickly. All the info was news to me and I can say it had a pretty big impact on my decision to not go back. I thought at first that maybe the elders would be able to help me understand the reasons for some things but I quickly realized that wasn't going to happen. The last meeting I went to was the Memorial 09 and there's another issue.. what in the WORLD do I do for that next year?!

I'm still reading in search of christian freedom. My mind is already made up so I'm not AS eagerly reading. I have baby books and the cult mind control book to read ;)

~fmy

• Mary
    Mary

Crisis of Conscience was the 'cornerstone' of getting me out. I was in utter shock when I first read it as I was still a practicing Witness at the time. It had always bothered me that we were told never to read any literature by ex-Witnesses, because I always figured "...if we have the truth, it should be pretty easy to defend against any lies that apostates teach.'

Needless to say, after reading CoC, I realized exactly why the Society was/is so worried about members reading 'apostate' literature-----we'll realize that we've been duped and most of what we were taught is a big fat lie.

• blondie
    blondie

If you wish to thank Ray, he answers at [email protected]

www.commentarypress.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit