Satan and demons...? To any who believe in them.

by angel eyes 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Any of you who believe in satan or demons, have you had experiences with them?

Have you ever seen satan?

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

dont be scared now lol

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Some believed that I was Satan's son. I wish I was, imagine all that imaginary power!

Mwuahahah!

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

some Jw believed that? one of my family members was told he was the son of satan...charming, he wasnt a jw either....

• Spook
    Spook

You may find slim responses. By the way, since Jehovah's Witnesses believe...

1. Demons are locked away in Tartarus (whatever that is) and unable to directly materialize in the world.

2. Able to inhabit, impact, effect animate material objects.

How do you reconcile that contradiction?

By what means do they do so?

How would one distinguish demon posession from mental illness?

Do natural explanations of claimed demonic posessions constitute evidence against the hypothesis that such creatures exist?

Spook - who believes anyone who has experienced a demon has actually experienced a psychotic episode.

• ninja
    ninja

someone asked me if I was possessed recently....I gave my standard charles manson answer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqrqaPThCmI&feature=related

• I discovered
  • ninja
    ninja

oh crap!!!!...the mother in law made it to the board...I'm off

• snowbird
    snowbird

I believe there is an Evil One known as Satan and Devil. I've never had a meeting with that creature.

I believe there are demons. I once had an encounter with a woman who I believe was demonized.

I believe the demons in Tartarus are those who morphed into humans, pre-Flood.

The Book of Jasher says there were 200 of them, and that they changed themselves on Mount Hermon.

Sylvia

Edited to say that it is the Book of Enoch instead of Jasher.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Spook: the contradiction you point to exists only because JWs ignore the Jewish literary background of the NT, especially Enochian literature. From the book of Jubilees, for instance, it is very clear that the "evil spirits" (who cause illness etc. like in the Synoptic Gospels or Acts) are not the "fallen angels" who interbred with women and were "abyssed" (by Jude and 2 Peter) but the spirits of their dead progeny (Nephilim or Giants) -- only one tenth of which were let loose according to the Jubilees version of the story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit