I'm Still Torn About the Blood Issue

by palmtree67 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Thanks for the insight, ATJ.

I still have moments when I wonder, "Wait a minute.....Is it ME that's crazy???? Or is it THEM???"

It's good to hear an

"ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY!!"

This has actually cleared up alot for me today. Thanks so much everybody!!

• Beachwalker
    Beachwalker

Let me tell you about my experiences with blood. I remember the horror stories from the Borg - you'll take on characteristics of the person that gave you the blood, and such.

In 1978 I had an emercency c-section, the anaesthetic didn't agree with me, and my liver collapsed. I was a week in intensive care, my baby survived just fine. I refused blood like a good little jdub that I was. In those circumstances I was told later that if I'd have had blood it might have tipped my liver over the edge, and I might have died.

In 1999 I had brain surgery for a pituitary tumour. It's the major gland in the body, and it's behind your eyes. They go up through your nose, very gruesome. The doctor missed, hit my carotid artery. You can imagine what happened. They abandoned the surgery, pumped me full of blood, and sewed me up. I heard later that they used buckets of the stuff! I was picking dried blood out of my hair for days until they let me get up! Also, in those circumstances having blood was the right thing to do. Actually, about a year later, I felt like I had a new lease on life, I felt full of energy.

So, the bottom line is, it depends on the circumstances.

My 2 cents,

Beachwalker

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

palmtree

Today is the anniversary of my JW mom's death over the blood issue. Shortly after she died...the WTS in all their glorious 'feeding the flock at the right time'...allowed another fraction which would have saved her life. Hemoglobin.

TD's article about the frustration and anger the doctors and nurses feel watching the "routine" deaths of Jehovah's Witnesses was very accurate -- and hit me hard. I watched that death scene, I was holding my mom's hand. It's hard ...to watch a loved one slowly smother to death in a perfectly good hospital. The doctors and nurses were literally wringing their hands -- they were not allowed to do their jobs: Saving a human life.

• flipper
    flipper

PALMTREE- You asked, " Is it ME that's crazy ? Or is it THEM ? " I'm here to tell you sis - it's THEM . Most definitely. The WT society is bat-$hit crazy if you ask me. They are getting more and more controlling towards their members as time goes on and more witnesses exit the cult. It's called " desperation ". I truly think the WT society is entering that stage now

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Awwwwww, Rabbit.

That's been on my mind since they started allowing fractions and I saw what happened with my nephew. He would have died only a few years before because the fractions he needed were now suddenly OK to use!!!????!!!! And he was only 8.

I work in healthcare now, for a doc that I think is really a good doc. And i can't imagine him or any of the other docs doing something that WOULDN'T benefit a patient. i see how frustrated he gets when his patients refuse to participate in their own healthcare.

That's terrible. So sorry for the unnecessary loss of your mother.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Thank you, Palm. What's amazing is -- the GB's 'bible trained conscience' -- is never bothered by their New Light, Misguided Light when it causes these preventable deaths. They never say, "We're sorry. or We were wrong."

• whatcanIsay
    whatcanIsay
    If enough doctors see that fractions for leukemia worked better than whole blood, they will change...

Here we go fraction vs. whole blood! A fraction is still a partical of blood!

I think you need to start with scriptures to see the twist and turns: who is going to drink blood! and who is going to do what the nations did and that is mix blood with what ever and drink it as a drink in front of false gods alters! It is like eating meats sacrificed to idols and blood! I am not going to drink sacrificed blood are you? Are you go to sit around the alter in front of some statue toasting!

• whatcanIsay
    whatcanIsay

Palm you work in health care? When did they start saying fraction of blood? and is a fraction still blood? Perhaps they use the term for JWs. I wonder if your doctor goes around telling his patients that they can use a fraction of blood, or is it just certain people like JWs. :-)

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Hi Palm,

Read the Jensen blood letters (leaked letters of elder corresponding with the WTS over 5 years on the blood issue) towards the bottom of this page: http://www.ajwrb.org/watchtower/index.shtml

I have printed his letters out and given to a few witnesses so far with excellent results!

Thought this link may be of interest to you: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/136144/1/Question-Why-was-it-ok-to-sell-unbled-meat-to-a-foriegner-for-them-to-eat

Also, the chapter Ray Franz wrote in his second book about the blood doctrine can be accessed here: http://www.commentarypress.net/cpn-essays/English/4C648686-695D-48C7-ACA8-A52794ED6128_files/Search-Eng-Chap%209.2006.pdf

Lukewarm

• Scully
    Scully

Here's anothe bit of JW-logic regarding blood:

They (the WTS) says that to have a blood transfusion forced on you is the moral equivalent of being raped.

The WTS also says that to willingly accept a blood transfusion is the moral equivalent of committing fornication or adultery.

However, it is a Conscience Matterâ„¢ regarding blood fractions (immune globulins, albumin, clotting factors, etc.) - according to the WTS, it is because these components occur in such small quantities in the individual that it is negligible. But when you look at the product monographs for these preparations, the manufacturer discloses that these products are derived from "large donor pools". In other words, it takes donations from thousands of people to provide these "fractions" in sufficient quantity to mass produce them. They would take, for example, all the Anti-D from donors who carry that component (which is the "fraction" that makes up the WinRho or RhoGam injection for a woman with Rh-negative blood who has just had a baby with Rh-positive blood) and combine it all together in order to make a batch (or "lot") of the product. I don't know how many doses come from a single batch, but I've administered enough doses of the product bearing the same lot number to several patients to know that it's a significant quantity.

So to carry the WTS's analogy to it's logical end, using "fractions" would be the moral equivalent of participating in an orgy. Yet, they say it's a Conscience Matterâ„¢. How does that make any sense at all?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit