Breaking News: Big Trouble with the Watchtower

by Bethelite Elder 159 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

BETHELITE ELDER- That experience you mentioned sounds about par for the course. I've seen so many injustices like that when I was a JW for 44 years. Congregations and people hiding dirt on elders - and then the guy goes across country and we find out he's appointed somewhere else as an elder. I knew of a couple occasions where child molesters were appointed again as elders or ministerial servants. It's ridiculous how the " good old boy " game is played and they get away with this stuff. So yes the WT society and GB bend the rules as they wish.

DEEP BLUE SEA- That is awful how your husband was treated ! Goes to show that elders in many congregations make their own rules and don't follow protocol put out by the WT society. They announced your husband's DFing BEFORE the 7 day appeal was up ? Wow. I'm sure your husband didn't care to fight it- but if he had it certainly would have put a thorn in their side. These ba$tards get away with far too much. I'm hoping people like Mel and others can bring about some justice by challenging the WT society with more than they can handle

• daniel-p
  • flipper
    flipper

BETHELITE ELDER- When I was in the organization 44 years- I too saw how elders behavior would be hidden from rank and file members in the congregation. Somehow an elder would move away under mysterious circumstances ( even though some knew it was some sin or offense ) and the guy would pop up across country somewhere and be appointed an elder or ministerial servant again. Even heard of men appointed elders who had been child molesters somewhere else - then move and get appointed. It certainly is a " good old boys " club and the injustices are nauseating. So like you say- it goes on all the time.

DEEP BLUE SEA- I'm so sorry your husband was treated so unjustly. It's disgusting. It shows the elders make up their own rules and don't follow protocol from the WT society. So they announced the DFing of your husband before the 7 day appeal was up ? It is incredible how slimy these guys can be. If I was your husband I would have called them on their breaking protocol- but he probably didn't care by that time, did he ? Crazy stuff

• badboy
    badboy

IS THIS FOR REAL?

• flipper
    flipper

Sorry for the double-post ! It didn't register my post so I had to post it again- then found out it was just slow ! Pardon my computer dinosaur syndrome ! LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

IS FO' REAL Y'ALL

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hey y'all! It's a joke - the whole website. JWD is no more... heil jesus... heil jesus... heil jesus...

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

You just can't give it up, can you?

Oh yes, I've been able to, free of any hatred or resentment because, all in all, this organization hasn't done much harm to me. I understand , though, that some others are more bitter, according to their own experiences.

• undercover
    undercover
    A couple of weeks ago, an ex-Bethelite(10 years) by the name of Mel Smith was disfellowshipped. I understand that he still lives in NY are and has a mortgage company. Evidently, he was hurt while serving at the Farm and Watchtower did some horrible things to him. Now there is a major legal issue and they disfellowshipped him so as to discredit him among the rank and file.

So is he in the Pit of Despair?

• Bethelite Elder
    Bethelite Elder

No, he is a very positive

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit