What was going on this past week with the JW's?

by Melody Blankenship 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Melody Blankenship
    Melody Blankenship

They were not "open for business" on Thursday or Sunday. Was there a convention going on somewhere?

• asilentone
    asilentone

I have no idea, it could be the last week of the District Assemblies for this year in the USA, not sure, maybe there is a problem inside the Kingdom Hall that needs to be addressed, maybe they need to do some remodeling inside the KH, the only way you can find out for sure, ask them.

• Melody Blankenship
    Melody Blankenship

Well, the elders did get served some court papers on Friday, but I had no idea that they would not meet because of that! AWWWWW, now I feel bad.............NOT!

• asilentone
    asilentone

court papers?, please be more specific. Thanks!

• feenx
    feenx

yes! court papers served are always interesting...

• asilentone
    asilentone

It does not have a ring of truth to it. Prove it. Thanks!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

What county/state/country are you located in? Court papers are public record, and are recorded in court......either federal or state court. You can pm me if you'd rather.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well, maybe their Circuit had the special Assembly day or two day Assembly. The regular meetings are cancelled then, just like for the Convention.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Emptyinside, they will cancel the meetings if they have two day assembly, but not for the one day assembly for that week, My Dad told me.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well, all I know is, my Circuit did have the Special Assembly day this past Saturday. And the Thursday and Sunday meetings were both cancelled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit