Who Or What Influenced You The Most To Get Out Of The Religion?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I had to leave the cult to save my life, literally.

• I quit!
    I quit!

With me it was leave or lose my mind so I ran for the door.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i have a 16 YO transgender female to male son.....

he needed me to be his mother

• villabolo
    villabolo

Their pathological self worship and mock humility.

villabolo

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

The Silent Lambs scandal chased me out. When I was removed as a publisher for coping with my own physical abuse in such unnatural ways (I used to hit my cat and other things that I'm not proud of doing) I learned of the silent lambs scandal. Back then, I wanted to get back in and I felt guilty for what I did to get removed as a pub. Then I realized why I did what I did emotionally. It was to get back at a religion that pretty much psychologically enabled abusive people to thrive.

I saw how the the Silent Lambs were told to shut up about their sexual abuse much like how I was told by my family and by the local elders to shut up about my physical abuse. Well, shutting up caused me to secretly hate the church. Refusing psychological therapy (Which I was advised to do) caused me to channel my hate into unnatural and passive aggressive ways which I was unaware was hurting my friends and family.

Everybody in my area knows how I rebelled, and how I continue to rebel. I was just told to keep my physical abuse quiet for too long and it mutated into very unhealthy, passive aggressive ways. After seeking therapy, I understood why I felt the way I felt, why I did the things I did, and how to make up for it in the future.

• Prov1320
    Prov1320

For me it was logic and facts:

- 1914 didn't make sense

- 607BC didn't add up... "The bible is right over archeologists' findings" just didn't cut it. WTS says 1914 is right because 607 is right, and 607 is right because 1914 is right. Circular reasoning.

- prophesies that pointed to 1923 conventions? give me a break!

- Flood seemed like a big crock. Couldn't get my mind to accept it

- "This generation" scam. WTS getting it constantly wrong is proof that Jesus didn't even know what he was talking about (my opinion)

- faithful and discreet slave being taken literally. This, in my opinion, is the biggest scam of them all.

That was the starting point. Once I began my research so much more surfaced and I was finally convinced this was a lying, controlling cult.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Phariseeism did it but good.

• blondie
    blondie

It was the individual lies of jws especially the elders. Even when you had incontrovertible proof they were lying, they would lie about lying. After a number of years, several congregations, and one last BIG lie, I stopped going.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Continuance of illogical bullshitting, hypocrisy of the so called seers governing this faith.

To this day millions of individuals are scared to analise and question the leadership due to fears and mental indoctrination.

Real shame.

• avishai
    avishai

Aww, geez. I think after seven years on this board, this thread may be the impetus for me to finally tell my whole story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit