Help needed - Surviving Armegeddon

by Iwonder17 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Iwonder17
    Iwonder17

What is the most recent WT that states that only JW's will survive Armegeddon? I can't find it anywhere. I thought it was in 2004

thanks !

• oldseeker2
    oldseeker2

The latest one that I know of that makes a clear statement is the WT2006, 5/15 "Are You Prepared for Survival?"

Here's what it says:

Par. 8 - D uring the final period of the “ancient world” that perished in the Flood, Noah was a faithful “preacher of righteousness.” (2 Peter 2:5) In these last days of the present system of things, Jehovah’s people are making known God’s righteous standards and are declaring good news about the possibility of surviving into the new world. (2 Peter 3:9-13) Just as Noah and his God-fearing family were preserved in the ark, survival of individuals today depends on their faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovah’s universal organization.

Oldseeker

• yknot
    yknot

Jan 15, 2008 article " Counted Worthy to Be Guided to Fountains of Waters of Life"

Para 3 states:

Members of that great crowd are among those referred to by Jesus as his "other sheep."

In paragraph 8 it says...

The other sheep companions of the congregation of anointed Christians prove their faith in various ways. First, they support the anointed in the proclaiming the good news of God's Kingdom. (Matt 24:14, 28:19, 20) Second, they willingly submit themselves to the direction provided by the Governing Body.- Heb 13:17; read Zechariah 8:23

While not a clear statement we all know that those who submit themselves to the GB are called 'JWs'

• oldseeker2
    oldseeker2

There are many other references and allusions to survival being only for JW's. Notice though how a JW would answer a direct question" "Do you believe that only JW's will survive?" This is from the WT 2008 11/1:

Our

Readers

Ask

Do

Jehovah’sWitnessesBelieveThatTheyAretheOnlyOnesWhoWillBe

Saved?

Jehovah’s Witnesses think that they have found the true religion. If they did not think so, they would change their beliefs. Like adherents of many religious faiths, Jehovah’s Witnesses hope to be saved. However, they also believe that it is not their job to judge who will be saved. Ultimately, God is the Judge. He decides.—Isaiah 33:22.

God’s Word reveals that those who would be saved must not only want salvation but also cooperate with the Savior. To illustrate: Suppose that a hiker becomes lost in a wilderness. He desperately wants to find his way out. Will he perish, or will he survive? The outcome depends on the way he responds to help. Out of pride, he may refuse the help of a rescuer, or savior. On the other hand, he could humbly accept help and reach safety.

In a similar way, salvation belongs to those who cooperate with mankind’s Rescuer, Jehovah God. Salvation is a gift from God, yet not all people will attain it. God’s Son, Jesus, said: “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.”—Matthew 7:21.

Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that God saves only those who exercise faith in the ransom sacrifice of Jesus and closely follow Jesus’ teachings. (Acts 4:10-12) Consider three important requirements for salvation that are revealed in God’s Word.

(1) “By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves,” Jesus told his companions. (John 13:35) Jesus’ own example of giving his life in behalf of others stressed the importance of love. Those who love others are demonstrating a quality vital for salvation.

(2) “I have made your name known to them,” said Jesus in prayer to his Father. (John 17:26) Jesus knew how important God’s personal name, Jehovah, was to his Father. Jesus prayed for his Father’s name to “be sanctified.” (Matthew 6:9) Sanctifying God’s name includes knowing that name and treating it as important and holy. Like Jesus, those seeking salvation need to use God’s name. They also need to teach others about God’s name and qualities. (Matthew 28:19, 20) In fact, only those calling on God’s name will be saved.—Romans 10:13.

(3) “My kingdom is no part of this world,” Jesus said to Pontius Pilate. (John 18:36) Few today demonstrate faith in God’s Kingdom, or government, of which Jesus is King. Instead, they place their trust in human institutions. By contrast, those who will be saved loyally support God’s Kingdom and teach others about how it will liberate all faithful mankind.—Matthew 4:17.

After learning some of the requirements for salvation, Jesus’ disciples said: “Who possibly can be saved?” Jesus answered: “The things impossible with men are possible with God.” (Luke 18:18-30) Jehovah’s Witnesses diligently try to meet these requirements for salvation. They also work hard to help others to be saved.

Oldseeker

• blondie
    blondie

So do you have jws that think something the WTS says is obsolete just because it was 20 years ago. If the WTS has not said anything different since then it is still in force. Would the WTS have to say that adultery is a df'ing offense every year for it to be so?

*** w89 9/1 p. 19 par. 7 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium ***Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. (Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4) They will make up the "flesh" that Jesus Christ said would be saved through the worst tribulation of all human history

• blondie
    blondie

** w06 5/15 p. 22 par. 8 Are You Prepared for Survival? ***Just as Noah and his God-fearing family were preserved in the ark, survival of individuals today depends on their faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovah’s universal organization.

*** w07 7/1 p. 13 Highlights From the Book of Ezekiel—I ***

9:3-6. Acquiring the mark—the evidence that we are dedicated, baptized servants of God and that we have the Christian personality—is essential for surviving the "great tribulation." (Matthew 24:21)

*** w07 12/15 p. 14 par. 19 Are You Ready for Jehovah’s Day? ***But Jehovah’s servants already belong to the only organization that will survive the end of this wicked system of things.

*** w06 4/15 p. 29 par. 20 Let Your Hands Be Strong ***A great crowd of Jehovah’s worshippers, having survived Armageddon, will benefit by being released from the condemnation of Adamic death

*** w05 12/15 Now Is the Time for Decisive Action ***

What grand prospect awaits the "great crowd" of Jehovah’s loyal worshippers?

*** w99 1/1 p. 20 par. 21 "Make Your Hearts Firm" ***Almost all of Jehovah’s Witnesses today are of the "great crowd" prophesied at Revelation 7:9-17.

• sir82
    sir82

Re: that 11/1/2008 "Our Readers Ask" article quoted above:

Have you ever seen more arm-waving and obfuscation for a simple "yes or no" question? It takes them 8 paragraphs to say "Yes".

• megs
    megs

Phillip, the destruction of Jerusalem was in 587 NOT 607, get your facts straight.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

keep telling yourself that pjschipper

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Last time I checked the Bible was very clear that Jesus is our Lord, Saviour, redeemer and Judge, right?

So unless someone has ursurped his role, it will be up to Jesus to decide who survives what.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit