My sister died in a head on collision last night

by Bumble Bee 164 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I still can't believe it. She was here for the bbq, we had an awesome time, laughing, her telling stories from our childhoods. I gave her a hug and told her I loved her before she left.
    The dog started barking at about 2am, I was in a fog, I was so tired from staying awake all the night before and then a very busy day and night.
    I looked out the door and saw two policemen there. I thought "oh crap, I'm in trouble for having a bon fire in the back yard last night". Never ever in my wildest dreams did I think they would tell me my sister was dead. That sort of thing only happens in the movies.
    I was numb, just numb, I don't think I really believed them. Her husband was as far as they knew ok, had alot of head lacerations etc, the other driver was air lifted to a hospital in Toronto, several injuries including two broken legs.
    We still don't know what happened. We went to the crash site this afternoon after going to the hospital to see my brother in law and staying with him for as long as he needed us to.
    There were NO skid marks from either vehicle. My sisters car was on the opposite side of the road in the ditch, the other vechile was on his opposite side, facing the direction my sister was travelling (sorry no good with north south etc).
    There was so much debris left there, the whole windshield was left in the ditch, the drivers side window, and pieces of the car were everywhere.
    My brother in law was sleeping at the time so he dosen't know what happened, all he remembers is waking up and the car being in the ditch, he looked over at my sister and she was pinned up against the steering wheel and told him she couldn't breathe. He got out of the car and a witness was right there and made him get back in. Someone else got in the back seat behind my sister and held her until the paramedics and police etc came.
    She lost vital signs three times, the third time they couldn't bring her back.
    I need to talk to the crash investigator tonite, the other police really couldn't tell me what happened.

Do you want to hear the craziest thing out of all of this?? When I had to call my mother and tell her last night all I could think about was her saying that's why we aren't supposed to have birthday parties. Can you believe that would come to mind at a time like that??

I hadn't been a part of my sisters life for so many years because she "left the truth". We had just started getting close after so long, and now she's gone.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

OMG..I am so sorry.

lisa

• dissed
    dissed

OMG - I'm so very sorry to hear this. Our thoughts are with you in your time of need

• asilentone
    asilentone

Thats awful, I am so sorry to hear about that.

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Oh i am so so sorry to hear this Bumble Bee. Sending you all my love

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

I don't know what to say. My heart goes out to you and your family. I'm so very, very sorry.

JD II

• villabolo
    villabolo

Sorry to hear that Bumble Bee. At least you and your sister reunited.

villabolo

• Satanus
    Satanus

Oh my! That's bad news. And, a low blow from your mother. Best wishes on getting through this. At least, you have something precious to remember her by, a special evening w her. ((BB))

S

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

(((((BumbleBee)))))

((((and family))))

• Open mind
    Open mind

You have my deepest sympathies Bumble Bee.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit