2010: What next for Jehovahs Witnesses?

by truthseeker 37 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I doubt 144k teaching will change but something has to give with 1914 BS! They either stop mentioning it more and more in their publications and after some time, that it's almost a dead issue they drop the date as Christ's return (similar what they did with 1874/1014 during the 1930s). They could change 607 to 587bc and say that the Babylonians started their occupation of the land, and eliminate 1914 all together or buy themself another 20 years by pushing 1914 to 1935 but I doubt they will move 1914 to another date, more likely they'll drop it all together. I am surprised that they are lowering the required service numbers thus bringing averages down. People are getting tired out and pioneer numbers were dropping so they lowered their demands. Meetings were more and more empty so they shortened them. Waters are slowly drying up but it will take time. I'm looking forward to 2015 to see if there is a larger awakaning. I also sense that the articles are stressing more and more obedience to gb and maybe it's just me but there is just more emphasis put on the greatness of gb - maybe I just didn't notice it while a dub.

They also changed a bit with their view on education as they don't paint it all evil as they made it appear in the years past but still frawn upon University studies this should help encourage more kids to stay longer??? Smaller GB probably makes issue discussions less appealing as these old farts know their stand and they have no reason to vote on doctrine that won't get passed anyways. If they introduce new GB then there might be more nigh light shining forth as these new ones can vote against the present majority and it could be why they're not replacing dying gb members. Will it go back to one supreme leader again?

I don't see them going anywheres anytime soon, their increases will be flat or will start trending lower and they will end up like all other religions where only few hard core diehards stay around as gb keeps on stressing the love of many is cooling off as another sign that the end is so close at hand.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Polygamy!

Something has got to give with the shortage of men available, so the single sisters may find some relief in the form of new light that gives the go ahead for them to double up with the small pool of available brothers.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

cults never go away. There's always some nutbar out there ready to buy it.

Perhaps with the growth of annointed the great crowd will be the annointed and the small remnent will be the great crowd.

Or perhaps they will switch gears again and become the Bible Students.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

are they moving their huge printing machines out of wallkill ny? and if yes -why?

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

when i was baptized in 1990-the org. was booming.how they used to blow their trumpet-it was evidence of je`hovahs blessing.many happy people back then.when i left in 2006 there was much mental illness in the congregation.i started having anxiety attacks and they ceased when i finally relized that i wasnt abaandoning jehovah by not returning to their prison.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh in 88 they were on top of the world. growth, their supposed understanding of blood was confirmed by HIV. Oh it was the good old days.

2010 is likely to raise more doubt. especially as the numbers hit

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Lot of their old doctrines have been forgotten now with exception of few elderly ones, nevertheless you can expect more doctrine spinning

in a direct effort to make them appear viable to the public.

Its what religious cults do.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

they used to point to the deteorating of christendoms money and membership as proof that jehovah was striking them.the wts growing prosperity was in line with jehovahs truth becoming firmly established above the mountains.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit