Serena Williams "witnessing" to the line judge at the US Open!

by losthusband 37 Replies latest jw friends

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I'll guarantee you that if it had been anyone but a jw, no one here would have even commented or cared.

What sort of guarantee?

• smiddy
    smiddy

When I was an active witness jw`s were counselled against being competitive and our children discouraged from participating in competetive sports,and I think that is generally still the same policy unless of course you are a high profile sportsperson with big bucks$$$$$.different horses for different courses.And of course they will play down the "F" word x 3 profanity,and the "kill"threat as a human outburst under xtreme pressure of the moment.Just another example of hipocrisy from the gov.body of jw`s.

smiddy

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

shes not a JW, get over it.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    I'll guarantee you that if it had been anyone but a jw, no one here would have even commented or cared.

Not to detract from your overall point, but I would have posted on this in my Kim Clijsters thread no matter who did it in the semifinal. I care as a tennis fan and more specifically as a longtime Kim fan.

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

I'm with Leolaia on this one- it was unfair on Kim to have the match end that way!

Let's face it- Serena (JW or NOT) is suposed to be a proffesional, and this was just stupidity on her part!

• boyzone
    boyzone

Can anyone make out what she actually said? I can't, too much crowd noise.

• sir82
    sir82

No spit, Sherlock.

It's a JW forum, discussing JW policies, procedures, doctrines, persons who are JWs or those who, like the loquacious Ms. Williams, claim to be JWs.

• koolaid-man
  • undercover
    undercover

She was losing to an unseeded nobody (no offense Leo) and she lost her cool. The penalty point was appropriate and I'm sure she'll be put on some kind of probation (slap on the wrist that means nothing other than to appease the outraged).

In the sports world it's not that significant...it'll be forgotten about soon enough.

In our little world here on JWN, it's of bigger significance due to her claiming to be a JW. Here's a JW (claims it anyway) who does a whole slew of things that any 'normal' JW would be constantly counseled and harrased over if they partook of these things.

So some of us point out the hypocrisy of the situation. I think it is worth pointing out, knowing how some of us got in trouble just for wanting to play high school sports or go to the prom or work extra hours or go to an R-rate movie.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Amen, Undercover.

Let us also not forget that Kim C. had recently beaten Venus.

I'm sure Serena was just smoldering with resentment.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit