Jury, err, Judicial Committee Nullification

by Open mind 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

Open mind. Im very sorry for my vehement outburst. it is true that all people have the right to an opinion. - you included. - Its just all I see is hypocrisy. - and I am really grateful for your apology. I havent been on here since my outburst.

my family took a stronger view than most. - interestingly my sister decided to fade for the same reason I was dfd but they still speak to her.

now to answer some of the points..

@palmtree -

"its this kind of shit that has ruined my life."

Don't let it.

It may have ruined your life up til now. But only you can ruin your life from here on in.

you are correct and my wording was wrong. my life isnt ruined, but it has been left with a wound, and even though wounds heal they leave a scar. - how bad the scar is depends on how I nurse the wound. - I do make every endeavour to get on with my life normally - I will not by definition be an 'ex-witness' in the same way that i wouldnt define myself for the rest of my life as an ex employee of a company I once worked for.. - my life is much better now by comparison now that I dont have to 'answer to Jehovah' every day.. just my own heart..

and @open mind

So, creativhoney, do you honestly think someone would be better off with whichever 3 bozos the Hoooly Spirit picks? - I think its a damn shame that anyone has to feel so low and be judged by men who often are up to crap themselves. and the effects on self esteem are huge. - I know what you are saying, but we all know the holy sprit doesnt pick them, half the time I think they are perverts who go home and use the confessions as personal arousal material.. he touched you where? ...

I reserved my right to be angry but its not an anger at you personally - its just the control and how big it is for some, and how frightened they are, and how misguided it all is.

I hope after this we can be board buddies lol.

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

I took a Dump right in front of the Door of the Kingdom Hall late one night after they disfellowshiped me just before the morning Watchtower study, and giggled about it almost till morning with a beer in hand. Tisk Tisk... I still laugh about it and its been 15 years.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

jeanniebeanz said:

In my experience and from what I remember from listening to my father who was an elder and a PO for many years, the other two elders will normally go along with the PO on whatever he thought should be done.

Maybe, you should become the PO, and then be on every committee, that way, all child molesters would be punished, and the next time sister Depressedforyears came to you in tears with 'doubts' you could tell her she should follow her instincts and offer advice on how to complete a successful fade!

It's a common misconception that the PO is on every committee; he's not. He just helps to appoint the committee or oversee the selection of the members of the committee, who report their decision to him. Technically, even he is not privy to "all the details" of the committee. The notes any of the committee members take are collected by the committee chairman and put in a sealed envelope that only that committee has access to, on appeal or other specific situations. Other elders, including the PO, can't just go and "read the file" of committee cases.

• Open mind
    Open mind

creativhoney,

Im very sorry for my vehement outburst.

Please don't be. I've never been DFed, so I can only guess at the range of emotions you've gone through. I've been posting here quite a while now, and my skin has thickened considerably. FWIW, I have been privately reproved, but I was treated pretty well by the three men in suits. I think it's good for all to see just how much anguish the whole JC process creates.

I don't know if I made this clear, so I will now.

I THINK JUDICIAL COMMITTEES AND DISFELLOWSHIPPING ARE HORRIBLE!!

Some people commit suicide because the Almighty Creator of the Universe elders have judged them to be unrepentant and so, currently, headed for eternal destruction. I absolutely will never serve on another one.

As for this,

I hope after this we can be board buddies lol.

No problem. I'm a lover, not a fighter.

Most days.

Namaste,

om

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I have no idea how in the world you can continue to operate behind enemy lines as a nonconforming elder and not go absolutely insane, Open Mind. Nonetheless, I wish you success in your mission to rescue as many as possible from the Borg.

• metatron
    metatron

Most of the time, you can get away with this procedure. However, I need to point out that some Witnesses 'need' and want to be disfellowshipped!

There are people who eagerly abuse themselves because of guilt. They may literally beat themselves, make themselves physically sick or engage in other physical abuse. For many Witlesses, the whole thing is a procedure that actually justifies whatever they do.

I was astounded that these people believed they could be justified in leaving a marriage mate and finding another as long as they did the disfellowshipping thing and saw it thru. Go to the penalty box, wait out the clock and Jehovah says OK.

metatron

• Open mind
    Open mind

SirNose:

Since my wife has recently awakened, it's gonna be much tougher. My days are very numbered now.

metatron:

Absolutely right. I sat on a JC that was exactly like that. We even met twice with the person and they just absolutely wanted out of the marriage and DFing was the only way it was going to happen.

om

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Most of the time, you can get away with this procedure. However, I need to point out that some Witnesses 'need' and want to be disfellowshipped!
    --metatron

Reminds me of my sister. Now she's in and right back to doing the same thing she wanted to "cure" herself of by undergoing the shunning.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I don't know? I understand why you would do that... don't judge, love and fogive....but, do you want to help anyone STAY?

• Alco Cop
    Alco Cop

Too Late Uzbekistan.

There is nothing, I REPEAT NOTHING, "judicial" about a JW judicial committee. These are a usually a group of ass kissers with a wealthy or charismatic PO as their leader. They already have their a decision made before they go into the dog & pony show circus. It's a way, a path, a strategy, to keep a few old ladies that are still attending meetings in line so that the PO and his groupies can pay the light bill and keep the Hall open a little bit longer...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit