Ex JW boy meets ex JW girl....good thing or bad thing?

by digderidoo 23 Replies latest jw friends

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Ex JW boy meets ex JW girl....good thing or bad thing?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I can see pros and cons. On the one hand each can understand where the other is coming from. On the other hand a quiet evening at home can quickly turn into a bitchfest, where you just sit and complain about the cult all evening. Depending on the individuals, it could be either an aid to healing or a hinderance.

In my case I'd be better off with someone who has no JW connections.

W

• feenx
    feenx

I agree with Finally-Free. It really does depend on the people. I had another ex JW as a roommate for a bit, and that was cool. We'd known each other from a very young age. Though the few times something JW related did come up, I could totally feel the overall mood change. So if you guys are both in a good space with it, mentally and emotionally, than I think it shouldn't be a question of a good thing or a bad thing, because there's A LOT more that goes into connecting with someone in a romantic sense than poopy 'ol JW silliness. The better question is, how do you really feel about her? Keep straight on that and I'm sure the rest will work itself out.

• JWoods
    JWoods

An electric spark plug and gasoline can also be a good thing - provided it is contained in a suitable environment - like an internal combustion engine with hemispherical combustion chambers. Twelve of these cylinders makes a good round number.

You are now free to move about the planet.

• homeschool
    homeschool

How bout this: what if one of 'em left under very negative circumstances and the other simply faded & is peachy with no resentment? It can be very trying....seems like the perfect scenario, but that's not always the case.

• Twitch
    Twitch

First xdub girl I met after I left was a disaster; the blind leading the blind as it were. But that was a long time ago, when I was young and dumb.

I've had better success with women who had nothing to do with the dubs, or religion in general. But that's just me.

• nelly136
    nelly136

as long as its not the only thing you have in common its cool,

if you're both very secure about being ex's and staying that way, its cool

sometimes exs can be like sleepers, they carry on a normal life for years before all of a sudden deciding to go back....could be awkward if you've built a whole new life only to have it all uprooted.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

What do you have to lose by giving the situation a try? That is the only way you will know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. No harm in investing some time and seeing where things lead. Everyones situation is different.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I tend to agree that it has it's pro's and cons.

Don't get me wrong it's nothing deep, it's just a bit of a blind date.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Try it. . . you might like it."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit