People who Talk During Movies

by jeanniebeanz 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

You know, to take three people to the movies now, including snacks and drinks can cost $50.00 or more. It burns my biscuits when someone brings a bunch of kids in and then has absolutely no interest in ensuring that they don't disrupt the viewing. Worse, some folks drop their kids off at the movies and have no idea that they are being little hellions and ruining the expensive experience for others.

Then, there is the guy who wants to see the movie but keeps his blackberry going all through it so that if you are sitting behind him, every time he gets a call and that blinding little blue glare pops up you are distracted. Some folks don't even bother to turn the phone to off, or at least vibrate. Damn, dude! You gonna watch a movie or work... make up your blinking mind!

Or, how about the kids that sit behind you and kick the back of your chair about a dozen times during the film, while the little bugger's mom smiles sweetly at you and mouths, "sorry" over and over again. Now, it doesn't matter that the seat next to you is empty and that by moving over one seat the problem would at least not be as bad.

Argh...

Have you ever had these experiences?

J

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

all of them ... that's why i carry a tazer with me when i go ... i tell them "put ur crackberry away or i will taze u bro" just sayin

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Yes. It burns me up too. I simply don't go to the cinema anymore because of this kind of thing. I just wait for the DVD now which I can enjoy in the comfort and privacy of my own home.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

That's when you get the manager and have him send in an usher with a flashlight. They will sometimes give you free movie passes to make up for the loss. I don't see any movie at full price. I smuggle in drinks and candy. Occasionally, I buy popcorn. We like to go to the drive in, the Dove Family Film Festivals, matinees or drive out to the $3.50 all seats theater. Whatever happened to the $1 theaters. No wonder movie theaters are going out of business. They cost you an arm and a leg. We only have two arms and two legs a piece.

• blondie
    blondie

My pet peeve is crying babies and small children at inappropriate movies. Someone too cheap to get a babysitter. The problem is if you complain you lose viewing time, have to find the problem in the dark, and convince the young kids who clean up to enforce the sound rules.

We just go to the first showing Sunday am. Not much of a crowd and you can move farther away.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

yes had all of those - when people talk on the phone - I turn to them and tell them to shut it. If a kid kicks my chair I turn around and tell them to watch it and if there is a whole lot talking I say "for (*^()^#$()^($ sake - enough already" Yes I get called a bitch but do you think I care?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Have you ever talked during a movie? Come on, be honest. Can you say you never did?

• undercover
    undercover
    Have you ever talked during a movie? Come on, be honest. Can you say you never did?

A quiet, whispered, quick conversation isn't a problem. I've seen people in front of me lean over and whisper but I couldn't hear it, so they're no problem at all.

It's the self-centered, self-absorbed people and their children that think since they paid their $$ they can do whatever they want during the movie. Cellphones, talking outloud, kicking chairs, crying babies...I experienced everyone of them the last movie I went to. It was so bad, I remember one guy's cellphone going off three times, I remember the kid behind kicking my chair until I told him to stop only to have his mother glare at me, I remember a baby (why was a baby in there to begin with?) crying and the dumbass parents not taking it out and another kid (seating next to the chair kicker) trying to explain the plot to the chair kicker...outloud, louder than the dialog from the speakers. I had to tell him to shut it too. The reason their mother wasn't making them be quiet was because she was too busy talking to whoever was sitting beside her the entire time.

I can remember all that, but I don't remember what movie it was. That's how bad it was. And...this has become the norm more than not. It used to be there'd be one person, once in awhile that would be rude. Now, it's a whole damn theater full of em.

I love going to the movies....or better said, I love the experience of seeing a movie in a theater. I am less enthralled about going anymore, knowing that I'm going to have to deal with idiots and dumbasses.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

yes undercover - a quick whisper is acceptable, but like you said, it's the ones that think they own the movie house and talk on their cell phones blah blah. Sorry not acceptable.

I usually for about 2weeks after a movie has been released to see it - less full and I enjoy it more.

• undercover
    undercover
    I usually for about 2weeks after a movie has been released to see it - less full and I enjoy it more.

Yea, I never go on opening weekend. I quit going to matinees also. I know it's cheaper to go then, but it seems (and I'm stereotyping here) that more low-class louts go then and they seem to be ignorant of how to act in a theater.

So I like to go to the late show. After 10pm. No little kids, fewer teenagers. Usually more serious movie-minded folks are there at that time.

The experience I gave above was a 7pm showing. Way too noisy and too many kids.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit