hello all--new to board; my story

by razorMind 23 Replies latest jw friends

• precious_lil_1
    precious_lil_1

Hey billygoat.........can we all adopt your grandma?

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hey, precious! That's what I was thinking!

A hearty welcome to you, and razor, and aarque, and LisaK! (Did I miss anyone? If so, sorry!)

Razor -- you are NOT too old to travel or go to school. You are less than 1/2 way through your life! AlanF had some good advice about grants or scholarships and COMMERCIAL art training. I am 47 and planning to go to college next fall. (maybe sooner!) Put your intellect to use doing research and figuring out how you can make yourself happy.

In the meantime, feel free to vent here anytime!

outnfree

When the truth is found to be lies
    and all the joy within you dies ...
    -- Darby Slick, Somebody to Love

• razorMind
    razorMind

Thank you everyone for your positive vibes and personal stories, from the bottom of my heart.

I'll be spending quite a bit of time here, I see!!!

Congratulations and good luck to all those who are either in college or completing. What an inspiration to me!!! I know a lady who's been in and out of the JW's, but above all, she made SURE all of her kids got a college education. One of them is about to launch her own clothing line; she's all into fashion design. I am SO glad for her.

Because I work for a medical college, I can take a certain # of credit hours for free, even if it's not job-related. And coincidentally, AlanF, yep! I do indeed have the application for Commercial Art & Design. The application has languished in my bedroom while I wrestle with fear and apprehension. But now, just hearing about all you wonderful ppl doing 4-yr degrees in your 40's has encouraged me considerably.

I only wish my youngest sister (mentioned in my 1st post) could break free of the trap. Because of me and my other sister, my parents have drilled in her that she is their last hope. I worry more about her than I do for myself. She is the most artistically talented out of all of us.

• razorMind
    razorMind

Celtic,

I went to all 3 of the websites you listed. The earthships reminded me of this feature I saw on TV; someone had designed a house, using an old grain silo. They must have added windows because the whole place was filled with sunlight. Is that the only earthship? Are there more?

I wouldn't mind living at the garden at www.trebahgarden.com. I'd live in a tree (somehow).

I would like to discuss art stuff.....I don't know much, but I know what I like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit