2010 Special Assemby Day program: "The Time Left Is Reduced"

by truthseeker 74 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

This could have been a WT program from 20 years ago.

BTS

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

they used to use the fact that the annointed are decreasing to prove that the day was drawing near.they can no longer use that along with the generation that was alive in 1914 that by no means would pass away.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

If time left is reduced, does that mean the assembly for 2010 will be held in 2009?

• smiddy
    smiddy

dissed

It was actually doing the rounds in the early 1960`s that buzzards were then laying two eggs instead of the normal one.A sure sign that armageddon was imminent.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

She just left for this assembly about an hour ago....will this cause her to get as fired up as the three day bs session does??

I will post any comments/thoughts she has about this 'wonderful provision of Jehovah'

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I attended one day of the district convention this year and felt sick to my stomach when in the closing talk, the brother finished with 'we will see you here next year brothers, if the end has not come beforehand'. I don't know about anyone else, but even at my most zealous in the 'truth', I never wanted the end to come! I could never get excited as some do about the end of this system. I really don't want to go to any more assemblies!

• brinjen
    brinjen
    This could have been a WT program from 20 years ago.

It probably IS a WT program from 20 years ago... recycled. Sounds great.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I told my father they need to stop saying 'soon', 'imminent', and 'on our doorstep' because when it doesn't arrive in the timeframe each individual places on these terms (whether it be seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, or years), the JWs lose their credibility and then people stop listening to them... or they leave.

Is this what they truly wish to accomplish?

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

You're right Heaven . I think all they're accomplishing is instilling fear into their members. I for one am sick of being scared.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The 1949 Convention theme and widely advertised public talk "It Is Later Than You Think!"

BTW According to Wiki, this song was a popular hit in 1949. Did they pinch the title?

"Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

Enjoy yourself, while you're still in the pink.

The years go by, as quickly as a wink.

Enjoy yourself, Enjoy yourself, It's later than you think"

also to compare ,WT 1952 15 Aug p488

"Note also another argument Paul uses for making room for the gift of singleness in our lives: “Moreover, this I say, brothers, the time left is reduced

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit