Love, Justice, Wisdom, Power - the Resurrection

by xelder 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• xelder
    xelder

I have always been taught and believed that, at the end of the day, God is a perfect balance of Love, Justice, Wisdom, and Power. When the ransom provision and Christ's kingdom correct man's fall into sin, we will see this as true, no matter what trials we and all of mankind have had to face until then. Honestly, it has never mattered which of the two groups I was in. I just wanted to see a hope for everyone. The appeal of the JW teaching of a paradise earth is that many who died in ignorance get another chance.

So my question is this. What happens to the person who lived and died in China 3000 years before Christ and never even heard of a Jew? What happens to a mentally disabled person? What happens to a nice Muslim lady who is confined to her house all of her life and never taught to read or think? Is the Earth involved at all in the kingdom?

Scriptures:

'let your will be done on earth as in heaven' - 'the meek shall inherit the earth'

'resurrection of righteous and unrighteous' - 'do not marvel - all in the memorial tombs will here his voice and come out' - 'the leaves on the trees are for the healing of the nations' - 'flesh and blood cannot inherit God's Kingdom'

Thanks in advance for your patient and kind responses.

• VIII
    VIII

If you're an Ex-Elder, you should have your standard JW response programmed.

"Jehovah will take care of it. We don't know what Jehovah has in store for all those people. He's a loving God." And give a compassionate smile.

Personally? I think they are toast.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello XL and welcome aboard!

Just to let you know, I am not a JW or have never been one so my biblical responses are in no way linked to their heretical teachings!

What happens to the person who lived and died in China 3000 years before Christ and never even heard of a Jew?

Romans 3:28 Romans 4 Faith is what justified those before Christ and will be what justifies those afterwards who have never heard His name.

That said, as Christ died once for all and gave us the command to preach the good news of His name to the whole earth. Once you have heard the gospel, faith in Jesus is paramount Acts 16:31 Romans 10:9

What happens to a mentally disabled person?

God is not mean or unjust. To judge someone on what they don't know or haven't heard about (the gospel of salvation through Jesus) would be unjust. God will judge us on what we know, not what we don't, what we had opportunity for, not what we didn't.

What happens to a nice Muslim lady who is confined to her house all of her life and never taught to read or think?

Hopefully you can answer that now. Anyhow, my advise is to concern yourself with your own meeting with Jesus first and foremost. If you are drowning then find some wood to cling on to and then you can save others too 1 Corinthians 1:18 Same if you are on a plane, put your oxygen mash on first and then you are in a position to help others.

Is the Earth involved at all in the kingdom?

Well Jesus' Kingdom has been advancing since the days of John the Baptist Matthew 11:12

However, it won't be here in fullness until the King arrives Revelation 20 and there will be no end Isaiah 9:6-8

Until then, we who call Jesus Lord are citizens of Heaven Philippians 3:20 Ephesians 2:6

All the best,

Stephen

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Chalam

What happens to a mentally disabled person?

God is not mean or unjust. To judge someone on what they don't know or haven't heard about (the gospel of salvation through Jesus) would be unjust. God will judge us on what we know, not what we don't, what we had opportunity for, not what we didn't.

Can you give Chapter and verse for both of these statements?

We are all condemned already. God is free to save whom ever he wants.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Deputy, you posed the question to Chalam, but here's what I find comforting.

From The Message Bible:

Romans 1: 14 -16 When outsiders who have never heard of God's law follow it more or less by instinct, they confirm its truth by their obedience. They show that God's law is not something alien, imposed on us from without, but woven into the very fabric of our creation. There is something deep within them that echoes God's yes and no, right and wrong. Their response to God's yes and no will become public knowledge on the day God makes his final decision about every man and woman. The Message from God that I proclaim through Jesus Christ takes into account all these differences.

Sylvia

• trueblue
    trueblue

from what I understand is the ones that know God, and deliverately disobey are the only one that do not get a second chance.

I don't know how much I have to go on this for you, but let's see: The rightous will be resurrected to everlasting life, and the unrightous to judgement. Then you have Sheol the place where you go when you die, and hades is the place dead people go with no chance to come back, that would be the ones that deliverately disobey.

We can not see the heart so we don't know for sure what ones are the rightous, unrightous, or just plain evil, but JW's are self rightous so that should make them one of the unrightous at least. The child beating SOB's

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Snowbird

From The Message Bible:

Romans 1: 14 -16 When outsiders who have never heard of God's law follow it more or less by instinct, they confirm its truth by their obedience. They show that God's law is not something alien, imposed on us from without, but woven into the very fabric of our creation. There is something deep within them that echoes God's yes and no, right and wrong.Their response to God's yes and no will become public knowledge on the day God makes his final decision about every man and woman. The Message from God that I proclaim through Jesus Christ takes into account all these differences.

Bad massage!

What kind of bible is that?

Hear's the NIV.

Rom 1:14 I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish. 15 That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are at Rome. 16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 17 For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, [3] just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."[4]

God's Wrath Against Mankind

Rom 1:18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. NIV

• Chalam
    Chalam

Can you give Chapter and verse for both of these statements?

DD, forgive me, you know I like my scriptures but these come to mind

2 Corinthians 3:5-6 (New International Version)

5 Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Or these

Psalm 32:8-9 (New International Version)

8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
    I will counsel you and watch over you.

9 Do not be like the horse or the mule,
    which have no understanding
    but must be controlled by bit and bridle
    or they will not come to you.

As it is, I agree with both your statements We are all condemned already. God is free to save whom ever he wants.

Anyhow, that wasn't likely the answer you were looking for. Sylvia has some great scripture on knowing the law.

(BTW that is Romans 2)

Romans 2:13-16 (New International Version)

13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, 15 since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

In short, we all are conscious of sin, God Romans 1:20 Psalm 19 but maybe not Jesus, that is the church's job. Knowledge of Jesus or none, we are justified by faith and the righteous live by it.

All the best,

Stephen

• snowbird
    snowbird

Bad massage!

LOL.

Bad chapter, also.

That should have read Romans 2 instead of 1.

I'm sure you meant "bad message"?

On one post, you said you're not a slave. How can you not be, if you're condemned?

Sylvia

Sylvia

• Farkel
    Farkel

If Bible God had an ounce of love, justice, wisdom and power, there wouldn't have to be any resurrection, or "judgment." There wouldn't be any death and so there would be no need for "Ransoms" and all that other bullshit.

It amazes me how people keep making excuses for that hideous, vain, vindictive and cruel Creature.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit