Mindchild, cool sharing.

Enjoyed that post.

Celtic

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

Interesting.

Shelly
    Former victim and recovering wonderfully from a broken spirit
    Smile, because we all have been freed from slavery!!

• ISP
    ISP

Good stuff Mindchild!

ISP

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

Hello Farkel,

Thanks for the input.

Hello Mindchild,

Thanks for the reply. Your points are fair and reasonable. Thanks. Concerning your reply you said:

"I hope that helps you to understand my reasoning but of course this is my own conclusion based upon my own use of truth telling tools that I accept. They may not be right for you but thank you for your input".

Post like yours can only help people interested in truth collect more of those "truth telling tools". As to the org influencing my thinking, they are out to lunch, in space, and way on the other side of the sun as concerns their credibility and truth telling abilities.

CornerStone

• AlanF
    AlanF

Great information, Mindchild!

Cornerstone, you need to read Mindchild's post more carefully. You listed one of your concerns:

: 1) Could the bush have servived on a small flotilla of wood, dirt, and other plants for a year?

The answer is already found in Mindchild's post:

:: The plant fragments as it ages and produces daughter plants that are clones of the parent. The clones form rings that always expand in diameter from the once ancestral shrub that grew in the center of the ring.

:: Botanists have discovered that the clones form rings that grow at the rate of only about one meter for every 500 years. Over thousands of years, the center wood dies and rots and leaves a barren area because the leaves of the bush poison the ground making it impossible for any other plant to grow there. When researchers began measuring the rings, they discovered that these plants were very old, with some rings being about 50 feet in diameter.

Given the bolded portions above, you should have no trouble answering your own questions.

AlanF

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

Hello AlenF,

Thankyou for your observations. However, because I'm skeptical about most things, including religion and the sciences, I still find my questions that I directed toward Mindchild to be relevent.

As concerning Mindchild's quotes that you highlighted these "possibilities" ring in my mind:

Who is to say that the creosote bush HAD to be in a circular ring IF it survived on a flotilla like journey across open water? Wind, rain, and birds could have broken the bush up. Mabey only a few single plants survived. Mabey it was broken up if and when it washed ashore.

As to the plants age, again, could varying climatic changes have affected it's growth rate?

Believe me, I'm not trying to be difficult. I would honestly like to 'know for sure' if overall, unbiased sience supports or does not support a global flood scenerio. I seems to me that many who make claims about scientific proof have an "agenda". This goes for the Darwin/evolution crowd and is just as true for the creationist group also. You know, 'There IS a god!, There is NO god!'. This seems to drive a lot of peoples emotions. I think there are only a few honest people who are truley devoted to pure scientific truth, for truths sake.

Whoops! I'm starting to ramble. Sorry. Thanks again for your post.

CornerStone

• LDH
    LDH

Cornerstone,

Is there a reason you still need to believe in the 'Great Flood?' Perhaps if you started out as a neutral observer who had to be convinced one way or the other, you would clearly see what Mindchild and Farkel are saying.

Does it not strike you as odd that the Global Flood itself existed as Sumerian legend long before Noah ever hit the earth?

Mindchild when I read the title of the thread I immediately thought the post itself would be about carnivorous plants, i.e., Venus Fly Trap etc.

Is there any misleading info in the Society pubs about these plants?

Lisa

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I immediately thought the post itself would be about carnivorous plants, i.e., Venus Fly Trap etc.

: Is there any misleading info in the Society pubs about these plants

Yes. Before the flood, those plants only ate straw.

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• LDH
    LDH

Dead right, Farkel, Old Boy!

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit