Poll: Who Left Whilst Still Believing?

by brinjen 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

My answers are:

Q1 - Born in (I was 5 when parents joined)

Q2 - b. Hadn't read enough at that stage to be sure

Q3. - c. Crap for sure (with a capital C)

Q4. - A little afraid - again as I hadn't read enough at that stage to be sure

Q5. - b. Agnostic at this stage tending towards atheism

Hopscotch

• LucyA
    LucyA

1. Were you a born-in (including those who's parents converted while they were still children) or did you convert as an adult?

Born-in

2. When you left, did you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it was all a load of crap?

B

3. Now, do you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it is all a load of crap?

C

4. When you left, how afraid where you of armageddon TM ?

Still Scared as my understanding grew my stress lessoned

5. Do you class yourself now as (a) christian (b) agnostic (c) atheist or (d) other (please state).

Humanist

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

1. Were you a born-in (including those who's parents converted while they were still children) or did you convert as an adult?

Born-in (3rd gen.)

2. When you left, did you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it was all a load of crap?

fully believed, but I was naughty and had to go.

3. Now, do you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it is all a load of crap?

C) load of crap

100%

5. Do you class yourself now as (a) christian (b) agnostic (c) atheist or (d) other (please state).

(b) agnostic

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

1. Born in.

2. C.

3. C.

4. I didn't fear Armageddon as a JW, why would I fear it now?

5. A. Catholic Christian.

• ucsdboi2
    ucsdboi2

Born in...forth generation JW. (parents, grandparents and great grandparents) You can imagine what the family thinks of me now.

I left after seeing clearly the hypocracy in the organization and seeing how everyone seemed to march to every order or thought that was handed down from the WTBTS and the GB...I was a Misterial Servant at the time...but I couldn't take serving a printing company over serving God...so i guess by this time I found it all to be a big load of crap...

I know in my heart, it is false.

I felt so empty and my biggest fear was not so much armageddon but where do I go now...today my fear of armageddon is gone but now I wonder what is in store for me...so i guess I am still very lost...but I know one thing, and that is, that the JW's will never control me again.

I still have a deep feeling of a higher god...it was just the package it all came in...so Christian.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Born-in.

(c) realise it was all a load of crap but with some lingering angst. Angst all gone now.

(c) realise it is all a load of crap

Not at all.

Evangelical, born again Christian, but I've rejected any fundy beliefs and actively pursue the knowledge of how to understand and interpret the Bible according the genre of the book in question (the Bible is a collection of 66 individual books covering a variety of genres, so it's important to identify what genre the book you're reading is and interpret it accordingly. "Understanding the Bible" by John Stott is highly recommended to anyone who is interested in getting a handle on the Bible).

• brinjen
    brinjen

Great answers everyone. I'll run the poll for a couple more days then post the results (and the video).

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

1. Were you a born-in (including those who's parents converted while they were still children) or did you convert as an adult? 4th Generation Born-In

2. When you left, did you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it was all a load of crap? B. I still had not find out the whole truth about everything. It was about 6mths after I left that I realized it was all BS!

3. Now, do you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it is all a load of crap? C!!!

4. When you left, how afraid where you of armageddon TM ? I really wasn't. I have been threatened with Armageddon all my life. I really don't think it will come in my lifetime, if it ever does!

5. Do you class yourself now as (a) christian (b) agnostic (c) atheist or (d) other (please state). D. I believe there may be "big G" out there , but don't have a relationship with him. If there is a GOD I'm definetely pissed at him! I'm becoming more of an atheist with each passing day!

LOL @ the Sky Daddy comment!

• Twitch
    Twitch

Born-in

Partially believed.

I'm going with A Load of Crap for 1000, Alex

I still had one foot in so I was afraid the end would come, in some form or another. But I figured I'd die living the life I wanted to and if big J didn't want my type in his world, f*** him.

I'll have to say atheist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit