Awesome video of the sport of love

by Anti-Christ 11 Replies latest social physical

• Anti-Christ
  • mkr32208
    mkr32208

I used to free dive but nothing like this that was unfreaking believable! I would love to get back into it!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Natalia Molchanova (Russian: ????????? ??????? ????????? ), born 8 May 1962 , Ufa, Russia is a Russian Free-diver and is current president of the Russian federation of freediving.

very cool, thanks for posting.

purps

Natalia is the world's best female freediver ever, with a total of twenty-four World Records. She has, thus far, 10 individual GOLD medals and 2 team GOLD medals from the Freediving World Championships. At the World Championships in Maribor, Slovenia, in 2007, Natalia's winning time in the static discipline was better than the winning male gold medal! In 2008 she become the first woman to officially dive beyond 90m, 10 atmospheric pressures, in Constant Weight. In training, the 11th of July, 2008, she became the first women ever to make 100 meters in Constant Weight. Natalia is also the only female who has made a constant dive through the arch in the Blue Hole, in Dahab, Egypt.

Constant Weight Without Fins is AIDA free-diving discipline in which the free-diver descends and ascends swimming without the use of fins or without pulling on the rope or changing his ballast; only a single hold of the rope to stop the descent and start the ascent is allowed. Constant weight without fins is the depth discipline of freediving that is most challenging, because of the physical effort needed to swim without assistance.

The Blue Hole

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Hole_(Red_Sea)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Cool. Like a spiritual experience. Reminds me of the movie 'the big blue', w jean reno, i believe.

S

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Just wanted to point out the other diver in the video is her son.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

You definitly know how to get people to view your video, lol.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Oops!! That is not what I wanted to write. I'm embarrassed, a well. what I wanted to write was the "Awesome video of the sport I love"

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    Just wanted to point out the other diver in the video is her son.

Cool!

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    I used to free dive but nothing like this that was unfreaking believable! I would love to get back into it!

That would be great if you started again. My personal record is 85 feet in a lake, but I am far far from being like Natalia.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    Cool. Like a spiritual experience. Reminds me of the movie 'the big blue', w jean reno, i believe.

Yes you can qualify this as "spiritual". When I hit 80 feet I feel that i am in a altered state of mind, of course it's the change in pressure and all the other stuff that goes with free diving but it is still a very intense experience.

The big blue, 'le grand bleu' is with Jean Reno.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit