Phone call to Watchtower concerning California kidnapping case and possible Witness connection

by the research lady 24 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I think the story here concerning Jehovahs Witnesses, is the influence the religion had on Ms Garridos upbringing and how that made her feel and make decisions as a grown woman.

Obviously she felt she had something positive to share about JW's assuming she is the one that introduced Garrido to the JW's.

I have alot of questions that I am curious about, I hope there is a book that answers them!!!

As far as the organization coming out with any difinitive connection the people in the news lately and what their standing is with JW's, it's not going to happen.

Even criminals from other religions have clergy that will support them. They do not shun. They do not take it personally.

Witnesses will distance themselves in a heartbeat when a Witness falls.

I don't say that for the case of Garrido, but in general.

How come they answer the phone at Watchtower as Jehovahs Witnesses?

Isn't it Watchtower Headquarters?

purps

• flipper
    flipper

I agree with Purple Sofa here. Although it is great to bring attention to these abuses being tied to Jehovah's Witnesses - that being said if the WT society throws elders under the bus and won't back them up when instructing them to call from phone booths - they REALLY won't back up ANYBODY who would bring alleged " reproach " on the organization by crazy a$$ murders or child abuse. It's like ANY NEGATIVE media coverage- the WT society just makes excuses and tries to fade into the background quickly

• steve2
    steve2

The Watchtower is simply playing a newer version of an older game that "Jehovah God" is alleged to have played in Genesis: "If you behave well, you are my children; but if you behave badly, you're Satan's". No matter what "His" children do, He's not to blame. Same with the Watchtower.

• moshe
    moshe

Studying with JW's is supposed to be the best way to overcome bad conduct and become a new person, just like Garrido claimed to the parole board- in essence studying with JW's had turned his life around.

I enjoyed that phone call to WT headquarters and the first thing out of their mouths is "are you a JW?" As if that makes any difference in what kind of lie they tell the caller. They still lie, but they would also want to know where you are from and your name so they can report back to the elders about your snooping.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

The caller sounds like a real piece of work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit