"I love you man!" - as he hugs everyone.

by dissed 25 Replies latest jw friends

• dissed
    dissed

As a newbie here, only having discovered this site a few days ago, I wanted to share with you my early observations and impressions.

Being out of touch with the Witnesses the last 13 years, I didn't realize sites like this existed.

My thinking was all Apostate sites were places of doctrinal discussions on the Trinity, Hellfire, etc... with bitter X-JW's ranting 24/7. So I was never excited about allowing more controversy to my life nor visiting such sites.

This is different.

What I'm noticing is that most here seem to be well versed in Witness doctrine, much more so than the visiting JW's. Perhaps there is a protection for the WTS in keeping people ignorant?

The only law I see expressed uniformly on this site is the 'Law of Love'. That is not the Witness way, and you should be commended for that.

Judging in the Congregations has been a source of much discouragement among the JW's. Not judging others on the Big Moral issues, but the little things that cause divisions that so many take delight in. Very little of that tone here.

Why are people leaving the JW's? My impression on this site is the 'gross hypocrisy' demonstrated on a daily basis in the JW congregation is why many have come here. People here are honest and forthright, showing no pretense. No one is fooled here by someone trying to falsely impress others with some sort of righteous life.

Which brings up my next point, honesty. Witnesses have a well deserved reputation for being dis-honest in the small and large things of life. From the doctrines, to the little lies they tell on a daily basis in the congregations. People are very believable here, VERY refreshing.

The JW's are very well represented on this site, from long time associated to teenagers. Expressing their views in a smart and articulate way. People here are definately thinking on their own, not like the few JW's that come and parrot word phrases like mantras to sooth their heart. And still, many are patient with those visitors, because they can remember what it was like for them at one time. Nice! I think that is what compassion, empathy, and love is all about.

You are some of the finest that have ever come out of the JW's. We can only hope, more will follow your lead.

I am deeply moved and proud of so many of you.

I have just met you, and I like you very much.

May you all find peace and never give up in your search for real happiness.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I am we're just cool like that. Pleasure to have you here.

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

It's great having you here.

You will find a minority that are still downing the blue pill unfortunately.

The rest of us are here are absolutely great!

Kind regards

RAB

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

YAY!

(((((DISSED)))))

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Haha YOU Said it !! I joined a wk ago and love it too!!

Nice Encouraging ppl... that don't feel obligated to help and confort!! My Style!!

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Look What one Sent to me!!

(Ephesians 4:31-5:2) 31 Let all malicious bitterness and anger and wrath and screaming and abusive speech be taken away from YOU along with all badness. 32 But become kind to one another, tenderly compassionate, freely forgiving one another just as God also by Christ freely forgave YOU. 5 Therefore, become imitators of God, as beloved children, 2 and go on walking in love, just as the Christ also loved YOU and delivered himself up for YOU as an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling odor.

(Colossians 3:12-14) 12 Accordingly, as God’s chosen ones, holy and loved, clothe yourselves with the tender affections of compassion, kindness, lowliness of mind, mildness, and long-suffering. 13 Continue putting up with one another and forgiving one another freely if anyone has a cause for complaint against another. Even as Jehovah freely forgave YOU, so do YOU also. 14 But, besides all these things, [clothe yourselves with] love, for it is a perfect bond of union.

Information is always a key to any situation. Jehovah and Jesus know your heart, they love you and only want you to live a life following the lamb to the best of your imperfect abilities they rejoice in granting forgiveness freely as we all stumble daily!

• TD
    TD
    What I'm noticing is that most here seem to be well versed in Witness doctrine, much more so than the visiting JW's. Perhaps there is a protection for the WTS in keeping people ignorant?

I've noticed that too. A thorough understanding of JW belief on any given subject; what they teach, why they teach it, when they started teaching it and what they taught beforehand does not seem to be entirely compatible with being an active JW.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If you stick around long enough, you'll find reason to dislike most of us. But...don't let that scare you away.

• MrsPeaches
    MrsPeaches

I think you'll fit in here just fine! there's some people who like to have a wee argument with posters now and then but I think 99.99% of people stick around becuase they found healing here and stay to help other newbies.

• parakeet
    parakeet

If you want to keep your rose-colored view of us, don't get on any of the politics threads. Yowza. They'll shred you like a head of lettuce.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit