Ending the Disfellowshipping Arrangement?

by sammielee24 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I was reading this on the forum for bible students where there seems to be some elder training that will focus on conscience issues and disassociaiton instead of disfellowshipping. This makes sense from a legal standpoint because there would be no JC but interesting enough, how would someone become disassociated and then shunned? If shunned would this then place the legality of it all back onto the family members instead of the Elders?

The way the gentleman on the other board explained it is here - I copied his thoughts although these are not to be taken as fact - hopefully he won't mind and I didn't do something wrong (it was a public board and I don't know the person's name) - sammieswife.

"By "facts" it is to be understood that these are mainly gross sins not confessed, but "uncovered" by others. In this case the person is asked to appear before a judicial committee and make a statement. If the person comes before the committee and confesses his wrong course, "he is made aware that he has disassociated himself from the congregation through this wrongful course" and that he can return to the congregation after some time when I had "demonstrates true repentance. " If he chooses not to come before the committee, but there is evidence from other persons that I've taken a wrongful course Which sets him apart from the congregation, "he automatically has disassociated himself".

"Omissions" could also be understood to mean Neglecting the preaching work and not attending meetings without good reason during a long period of time, perhaps even several years. In this case, the wholly "inactive" one (to differentiate from the occasionally "inactive" one) is invited to meeting with two elders (not before a judicial committee), either at his home in the Kingdom Hall or in any other place agreed . If the brother or sister rejects the invitation or refuses to answer repeated phone calls or written invitations, the body of elders, after a "reasonable" waiting time, perhaps a few months or a year, will conclude that the person "is not interested in Associating with the congregation and, consequently, it is understood that "I've disassociated from the congregation" and so it will be announced. "

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Are they TRYING to get rid of people? This makes no sense.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I don't know how this removes any legal repercussions when JWs are instructed to treat DA'd and DF'd folks the same. Unsubstantiated accusations are now considered substantiated simply because a person doesn't respond to a summons? Sigh.

It's one way to force people to choose-they are on to the 'fading' technique. Shouldn't have bragged so much!

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

I thought the same as JWdaughter - it's their way of closing the 'fading loophole' that allows JWs to get out without the df and da process and in many cases (not all) still keep their relationship with their JW family.

Now by the looks of it all faders will be classed as da'd meaning their family will officially no longer be able to associate or communicate with them except for 'family business'.

Desperate measures to try and stop the flow of 'apostate' information.

They are getting more and more cult like by the day

Hopscotch

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

It removes a lot of the legal liability in as far as you can't have client/clergy privilege when you have a judicial committee. It means that the Elder as part of a judicial committee would have no privilege of remaining silent and could be summoned to court and forced to 'spill his guts' on confidential matters. Removing the Judicial Committee would place the Elder back into the legal realm of client/clergy privilege which would protect him from a court that orders confidential information.

If a judicial committee no longer makes the decision that a person is disfellowshipped, but rather a person is declared disassociated, then only an announcement is made, they are forcing the disassociated one to take on the family for shunning and that leaves the Elders out of the loop. By tightening the noose on those who are inactive and linking them all together, the society could maintain that all those, including inactive ones, are subject to the same punishment - and this levels the playing field for them. It removes the preferential treatment and closes the ranks.

That's what I deduce from it anyway...sammieswife.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

When I was Catholic, I can't imagine the Catholic Church announcing I was no longer Catholic simply for non-meeting attendance, and my entire family shunning me for that.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

This has been going on for quite a while now.

They don't have to have a JC to DF you for a blood transfusion any more. It is just assumed that you are no longer a JW if you are discovered to have had one, and an announcement can be made, without your consent, that you are "no longer a JW".

• cattails
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Oh Goody!

The WBT$ Bastards are giving the "Big Stick",a New Name..

It`s the New and Improved Way to DF some one!!

A new Name and the Results are the Same!!

Lets all buy one!

<--------------------Hit the Play Button!! ..................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Apostasy includes action taken against true worship of
    Jehovah or his established order among his dedicated
    people . (Jer . 17 :13 ; 23 :15 ; 28 :15, 16 ; 2 Thess. 2 :9, 10)
    Persons who deliberately spread (stubbornly hold to and
    speak about) teachings contrary to Bible truth as taught
    by Jehovah's Witnesses are apostates .
    If it is learned that a person has taken up association with
    another religious organization, the matter should be investigated,
    and if verified, a committee should be formed .
    If it is clearly established that the person has joined
    another religion and intends to remain with it, the

elders would make a brief announcement to the congregation
    that such one has disassociated himself. (w86
    10/15 p . 31)

"Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock" Pages 94/5

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit