1934 German letter

by oscartheduck 15 Replies latest jw friends

• oscartheduck
    oscartheduck

I've been looking at this letter for some time.

And researching it's origins.

I can't find anything conclusive, really. I can't locate a denial of its existance from the Society, but I haven't got access to any literature anymore, having left it all behind when I moved country to America from England. So...is there any reference to it in, for example, the Proclaimers book?

Any help confirming it as more than an internet hoax would be nice

============================
    The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126 "As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible "

• Farkel
    Farkel

Are you talking about the "Declaration of Facts" letter from Rutherford to Hitler? If so, it is found in the 1934 JW yearbook. Those yearbooks can still be found, but they cost hundreds of dollars.

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• oscartheduck
    oscartheduck

Right then...thanks.

I'm sure I can find something like that somewhere.

If I have to I'll just get my parents to do some photocopying from their congregation's library.

It has originals of almost everything. Even Russel's books...

The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126 "As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible "

• oscartheduck
    oscartheduck

No, I mean the letter to Hitler from the society...

• Farkel
    Farkel

Here's how the Watchtower society LIED about the "Declaration of Facts" letter from Rutherford to Hitler.

*** w55 8/1 461-2 Part 15: Foreign Activities Under Fascist-Nazi Persecution ***

With the advent of the Hitler dictatorship in January, 1933, the clouds of opposition immediately became pitch-black. Early in April, 1933, the police occupied the Society's large new factory and Bethel home in Magdeburg, Germany, placed its printing machines under seal and conducted an exhaustive search for evidence of subversive activity. None being found, the Society was allowed to resume control of its own premises on April 28. This enabled them to complete the compilation of their above record special-period report for April 8-16. Amidst this trouble Judge Rutherford decided to visit Germany, which he did in June, 1933. On June 25 in Berlin 7,000 witnesses attended a specially called assembly, unanimously passing a resolution entitled "Declaration of Facts." It was a strong protest to Hitler and his government against their highhanded interferences with the witness work of the Society. In quick retaliation three days later, on June 28, 1933, for the second time the Society's property was seized and occupied, and by government decree its printing plant was closed. The 180 members of the Bethel family at Magdeburg were compelled to leave the premises within the next few weeks. Said Hitler:

"These so-called 'Earnest Bible Students' [Jehovah's witnesses] are trouble-makers; they disturb the harmonious life amongst the Germans; I consider them quacks; I do not tolerate that the German Catholics be besmirched in such a manner by this American 'Judge' Rutherford; I dissolve the 'Earnest Bible Students' in Germany; their property I dedicate to the people's welfare; I will have all their literature confiscated."

This flagrant violation of international property rights was carried out by the Hitler government even though the American Watch Tower Society had been recognized in Germany since 1921, where, according to international law, it was allowed to own and operate property. At behest of the Society's Brooklyn headquarters the United States Department of State did take action to register its protest with the Hitler government.

(The truth is that Rutherford was afraid Hitler was going to shut down his very profitable printing operation in Germany, and wrote the letter to appease Hitler. It was only after Hitler saw the transparancy of Rutherford's shameless appeasement and shut down the society operations anyway that Rutherford attacked Hitler publicly.)

Here is an excellent link to Kent's site if you want to read more about this:

http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=JWANDHITLER3

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• Richie
    Richie

Just read the letter from James Penton to Milton Henschel of the Governing Body about the alleged declaration of support for Hitler and his 3rd Reich. To be truthful, I find this hard to believe but I will attempt to research further and determine whether this is not just a misunderstanding gone astray or in fact a truthful occurrence which had the Watchtower's backing at the time. If in fact this were true, then I believe it would be the worst kind of collaboration ever by the Borg. In that case I personally think that the Society's proven fornication with the United Nations would actually dwarf in seriousness by this revelation of siding with the Nazis. Yes, Babylon the Great is revealed in many forms...

Richie :*)

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Just to give you an idea:

* http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1497851418

WATCHTOWER 1935 YEARBOOK JEHOVAHS WITNESSES
    Item # 1497851418

final price: $27.00
    First bid $12.50
    Quantity 1 # of bids 8
    Auction has ended.

Started Dec-17-01 18:01:43 PST

Ends Dec-22-01 18:01:43 PST

there were two of these, missed them both. This working for a living thing really interferes with my anti-cult life....

Here's another from Randy's site:

Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses: 1934 - $125 (sold)

Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses: 1935 - $85 (sold)

BITE ME, WATCHTOWER!!!

• Satanus
    Satanus

There are 2 different documents involved.

1. The declaration of the facts, which was distributed to the german public. This can be found in the 1934 yb at around pg 130. It is also available on the net.

2. The letter to hitler. Don't know if the wt ever reprinted it, but a copy is available on the internet.

Best of luck SS

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

One has to ask, WHY a researcher has so much trouble finging this letter or info about it, from Watchtower sources?

WHY isn't the Declaration of Facts quoted in 1974 yearbook and 1993 Proclaimer's book? Only cited?

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm

BITE ME, WATCHTOWER!!!

• detective
    detective

When I first laid on the Watchtower/Hitler era propaganda on the internet, I felt unsure of the validity of the information provided. I really couldn't believe the incredibly disgusting content of those documents primarily because I try not to assume the worst in people. I then saw reference to the letter of protest/declaration of facts on this past years JW calendar that my friend had plastered to his fridge. Out of curiousity I sought out further information on the organization's official site and saw that they do have excerpts from their declaration. They kindly highlighted some of their more offensive statements in a pathetic attempt to justify their hate-filled rantings. Amazing. Why apologize for an egregious assault on decency when you can just brush it over with slimy justifications? How proud they are as they plaster it on their calendars! Disgusting.
    I know they make mention of it on their official website so you can poke around there as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit