I picked up roadside trash recently...loved it...no suit required!

by oompa 16 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

no doorbells either...local community group i joined recently had it planned....very social coffee beforehand....good excerise...and made four friends......plus the road looks a lot better........

kinda pathetic this is my first ever real volunteer work that counts............but it is a start.........oompa

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Good on you Oompa.

What's on their agenda for next time?

Cheers

Chris

• Satanus
    Satanus

How cool. I have a nieghbor that is always working on her yard. She also will, sometimes pick up garbage up and down the street.

S

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

When you said you picked up ‘roadside trash’ I envisaged a hooker.…..A very different way to clean up the streets…

• crapola
    crapola

Great thing to do!

• stillin
    stillin

sound the trumpets! Oompa is coming!

• Chalam
    Chalam

Yeah I hate trash.

Looks like you are moving into a new season oompa :)

All the best,

Stephen

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Glad you enjoyed it.

The local city government has non-violent offenders pick up the trash, here. They seem to enjoy it, too. It sure beats the inside of a cell.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Very cool, oomp.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:I picked up roadside trash recently...loved it...

I do the same thing all the time: at bus stops, in laundromats, in parking lots and on the sidewalk, I routinely see this trash that up and properly discard it in the shit can where it belonged in the first place.

Such trash is otherwise called "refreshing waters of life" by a certain unnamed International Printing Corporation which produces and sells it at a handsome prophet (sic).

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit