Jackson’s birthday burial may make things harder on his children

by Dogpatch 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Jackson’s birthday burial a family issue

Michael Jackson’s Aug. 29 burial points to a power shift within the Jackson family that could ultimately affect Jackson’s three children.

Up until recently, Michael’s mother Katherine was making the major family decisions, but the decision to schedule the burial for Jackson’s birthday was largely Joe Jackson’s.

“Katherine didn’t want it (the burial) on his birthday, neither did Rebbie (Jackson’s oldest sister),” said a close family friend. Both Katherine and Rebbie Jackson are Jehovah's Witnesses, and do not celebrate birthdays, but the religious reason isn't their only objection.

“(Katherine and Rebbie Jackson feared) it would turn the burial into a spectacle that will be hard for the kids to not be swept up in," the friend said. “Katherine is having a really hard time with Michael’s death, but she puts the kids first. She and Rebbie have been doing a good job of keeping separate from the drama. Joe doesn’t factor how Paris, Prince and Blanket will be a part of the equation. The more decisions he gets to be involved in, the worse it is for the kids.”

comment: Well at least in death he got his birthday celebrated, in spite of the two elderettes.

Randy

• mouthy
    mouthy

My heart aches for those kids.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I wonder if Bubbles was allowed to celebrate his birthday?

R

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

That royally sucks for those kids. They're going to be torn between two worlds for the next few years. Did Michael plan for this? Did he ever warn his children about JW's?

• mouthy
    mouthy

If Elizebeth Taylor has anything to say about it YES!

She was the first one to MAKE MIcheal celebrate his first Christmas

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Wikipedia sez,

Bubbles had initially resided at the Jackson family's Encino home, but moved to Neverland Ranch in 1988, where he slept in a crib at the corner of Jackson's bedroom. Bubbles was allowed to use Jackson's private toilet at the ranch, although the chimp occasionally wore a diaper. In the 2003 documentary Living with Michael Jackson, the musician revealed to journalist Martin Bashir that Bubbles had become too aggressive, and had been moved to an animal sanctuary. Following an alleged suicide attempt toward the end of 2003, Bubbles was relocated to the Center for Great Apes in Wauchula, Florida, where he has resided for several years.

Suicide attempt? Maybe over birthdays!

R

• JWoods
    JWoods

This had totally missed my attention even though I heard it was "on his would-be 51st birthday"...of course this is the double whammy: not one but TWO non-witness funerals (three if you count the private "memorial" - bad choice of words in itself for a JW service) - and timed to occur on a pagan birthday!!!

How can it get worse? Maybe Madonna could dance the seven veils and demand for the head of Bubbles the Chimp on a platter?

• nelly136
    nelly136

http://www.centerforgreatapes.org/apes-in-entertainment.aspx#pets

the sanctuary bubbles ended up at seems to being doing a great job, hes listed under the great apes/our apes link

and he has his own adoption page.

• willyloman
    willyloman

I don't know Katherine Jackson from Adam, although I did meet and chat with her once (another story). But I would not be surprised to know that she is a lot like other WWUM (Wives With Unbelieving Mates). Many of these woman had husbands with big egos and strong personalities and were pushed around constantly and forced to compromise their religious beliefs or be ridiculed for them (or both).

So I can easily assume here that Joe, from all accounts a hideous man who abused his children (emotionally, at the very least), did this on purpose. That way the whole family (dubs included) would be forced to acknowledge MJ's birthday every year from now on - it being, after all, the day he was buried.

He's like the alcoholic husband of a dysfunctional family who bullies everyone into a phony show of unity on the holidays, because "that's the way it's supposed to be."

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

Too bad they can't seem to stand up to Joe Jackson. This is supposed to be a private funeral and yet it is plastered all over the news. It should have been announced after he was laid to rest, not before.

I feel so sad for those kids. Their lives are like a crazy roller coaster ride with no end in sight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit