Jehovah's Witnesses in Buckingham Palace

by Scarred for life 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• choosing life
    choosing life

I hope the lady gave the queen the deluxe version and not that cheesy green bible.? How embarrassing.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

There must be some post or pre convention tours being organized for JW's as we saw a large group (maybe 30) touring the Topkapi Palace in Istanbul...it was kind of strange to see a bunch of folks with "Keep on the Watch" name tags in a predominantly Muslim country viewing the royal jewelry of the Sultans! Maybe it was just a stop on the road to Ephesus...

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I met an old JW man who worked in the garden of the palace years ago. He told us a story of how he accidentally locked the queen in the toilet when he was locking up at the end of his shift. He's retired now, but still living in a royal owned property. Apparently they get an awesome pension.

• Mary
    Mary
    I met an old JW man who worked in the garden of the palace years ago. He told us a story of how he accidentally locked the queen in the toilet when he was locking up at the end of his shift. He's retired now, but still living in a royal owned property. Apparently they get an awesome pension.

Missing Link, have you ever read the book Courting Disaster? It was written several years ago by a high ranking official who worked at the Palace---he's the highest ranking member to ever 'deflect' and write a book. It's to the Royal Family was CoC is to the WTS and it's not available in England. It's more about all the shenanigans of the staff who work there and it is absolutely hilarious. One night, a low-ranking page was pissed out of his mind and was trying to find his room. He opened a door, took a step and went tumbling down the stairs. Unfortunately, the Queen was just on her way up and the page knocked her down and he landed right on top of her.

I guess alot of the lower ranking staff are not paid very well, but they get free accommodations.....

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life
    we saw a large group (maybe 30) touring the Topkapi Palace in Istanbul...it was kind of strange to see a bunch of folks with "Keep on the Watch" name tags in a predominantly Muslim country viewing the royal jewelry of the Sultans!

Maybe that's how they're trying to generate enthusiasm. By encouraging everyone to see all the palaces they will live in and the jewels they will own after Armageddon-- which is very, very close! It's right at our doorstep!!!!!!!!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

If you tour the ROYAL Musuem it had all the gifts given to Di & Charly
    on their wedding

I went as a witness & was OVERJOYED!!to see THE TRUTH BOOK in there

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I haven't heard of that one Mary. I'll have to mention it to the Mrs. Sounds like the sort of thing she'd enjoy.

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

A little girl in my cong. in canada gave the queen a brochure back in the early 2000's when she visited atlantic canada.no-1 stoped her from approaching the queen and she took them and thanked her.sorry its not a more thrilling storey but thats what happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit