Why are people so offended by this?

by desib77 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Some are offended by photos such as this because they stir up IMPURE thoughts.

And so the burqua was invented.

• undercover
    undercover

And so the burqua was invented.

And Allah was pleased...

• Farkel
    Farkel

People on this thread keep referring to Deism as a belief in a disinterested God, but that is a false dilemma. I stated that Deism is a belief in a Creator who does not take any active part in human affairs and that does not imply disinterest. Those Theists who believe the Creator does take an active part in human affairs are stuck trying to explain how random and illogical that "action" actually is. Fact is, they can't explain it, except to say "God has a reason. We just don't know what it is."

Well, let's use that same excuse for Deism: "God has a reason for not being actively involved. We just don't know what it is."

Let's use a similar excuse for Atheism: "Since a God has given us no reason to believe in its existence, we don't believe in God."

If I felt God truly was disinterested and really didn't give a shit about us, it still wouldn't negate the fact that life has some wonderful moments and I'm glad I have had what I have had anyway.

I personally think the Creator doesn't give a rat whether we believe in Him or not, given our puny little insignificance in the Universe.

Farkel

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Those Theists who believe the Creator does take an active part in human affairs are stuck trying to explain how random and illogical that "action" actually is. Fact is, they can't explain it, except to say "God has a reason. We just don't know what it is."

Well, let's use that same excuse for Deism: "God has a reason for not being actively involved. We just don't know what it is."

Let's use a similar excuse for Atheism: "Since a God has given us no reason to believe in its existence, we don't believe in God."

That's a very good point.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Gladiator said:

Having been through the whole spectrum of searching for a God, searching for answers about him, and then concluding that there may well not be a God, I have come to a firm conclusion. I don't know anything!

Not knowing whether or not there is a controlling, invisible being is a comfortable place to be. I have no beliefs to defend. No beliefs to object to. I live in neither fear or hope, I just enjoy what I have now, in the present, which is the only reality that exists.

I am also certain I will one day die. I will know nothing more or I will be enlightened. I don't care either way. There are plenty of worthwhile things to do on earth. Heaven can wait.

I think this is the best view, and the most natural (the closest thing to it is Buddhism I'd say, which believe this whole debate about whether there is a God or not is irrelevant). Why believe in anything or attach yourself to any label? Its pure and simple, the way we are as innocent children before we are indoctrinated to believe something else. As children we are a tabula rasa, a blank slate. They just live, and enjoy what the moment and day has to offer, amazed and delighted by nature and discovery and fun and laughter, by what is the natural world around them. They are not tortured over philosophical, existential questions. Children live by the wisest philosophy of all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit