Typically How Much $$$ Do You Spend Going Out To Eat Each Week?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I don't cook so I usually eat one meal a day out. I pobably spend a couple of hundred a week with food an d drink. What about choo?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

About $40 for the two of us. We try to keep it to a minimum, but even that, I think is way too much. This doesn't count, however, special evenings where we might go to a nicer restaurant and drop $100+. But we don't do that too often.

In my opinion, the more we cook our own food, the more healthy we will be and more money we will save. Besides, I like cooking. I'm into baking my own bread now.

• undercover
    undercover

Lunch: $5-7 five times a week x 2

Dinner: $40-60 three times a week (combined) - once in a while we'll go $75-100.

Bar tabs seperate from dining: $100 a week easy.

On average it's over $350 give or take...unless we splurge on a nice, expensive place.

We try to eat at home as much as possible but with busy schedules we find ourselves eating out more than we want. Drinking at home is cheaper too...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Wow, Undercover. I envy you in a good way. I'm happy to hear some are not completely snowed under by this economy. I'm fortunate to spend $20. I look for special meals for two or coupons for Julian and me. My daughter gave us a gift card for Olive Garden. I am saving it for something special. We drove up to the drive in movies last friday. We got the Lil Caeser's family meal deal. We eat at home more, due to the economy and cutbacks at work.

• blondie
    blondie

We pack a lunch and eat at home most nights except Friday....fish fries. We spend about $40 including drinks.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I rarely go out to eat any more. I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. The food I cook is healthier and tastes better than anything I can find in a restaurant. I only go out 3-4 times a year now when celebrating friends' birthdays.

When I was married we used to go out all the time, spending at least $200 every week. I can think of better things to do with all that money.

W

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Lunch twice a week..

..Including a couple beer and a little Keno..$60-$70..

................OUTLAW

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

lunch 2-3 times a week

dinner 1-2

• undercover
    undercover

Don't envy me too much, LOL. We spend too much and we know it.

The economy has hit us, but we've been fortunate that our jobs/careers have been pretty safe (so far...knock on wood). We're also fortunate to only have to feed ourselves...no kids.

We keep talking about cutting back, but somehow we'll police our spending for a month or so and then we fall back into our old pattern. I'm sure if we lost an income or took a major hit, we'd find a way to be more frugal.

We've started cooking at home more, but the downside to that is, we have to buy more groceries...and we end up buying too much there...and we go to organic grocers that aren't cheap. We're trying to get in the habit of buying from local farmer's markets for produce, but that takes time, driving and searching, when I can go down to Whole Foods and get what I need, quickly.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Maybe $5 a week on average. Between a tight budget and maintaining a vegetarian diet I almost always cook and eat at home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit