I am a sinner and there is no denying that fact

by Girlie 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

No matter how many times we can be "born again" or get dunked like donuts, that will never change.

Well I am not denying I do sin. However, I am set free from it through the Spirit, that is being "born again" i.e. born of the Spirit John 3:5 John 3:8

Romans 8:1-3 (New International Version)

Life Through the Spirit
    1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. Sin is like Heroin, it makes you feel good. However, soon after you feel bad and you need some more to feel good again. Before too long you find out you cannot give up, even if you want to. All the best, Stephen

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

If you cannot give it up, then you are not free from it yet.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Spike, I think you need to read my post again.

Anyhow, I think you will like these verses

1 John 1:8 (New International Version)

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

James 3:2 (New International Version)

2 We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check.

All the best,

Stephen

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

On this, Chalam and I and Girlie surely agree. Still we have success in life, as we know it now, by "forgetting the things behind and stretching forward to the things ahead" (Philippians 3:13).

• mouthy
    mouthy

Is it wrong for me to feel this way?

I think we all feel this way at one time or another in our life.
    But I am a Granny had 5 kids, 7 grandkids,I LOVE them all
    & no matter what they have done & will do ( & believe me they have)
    I will never stop loving them.If I am made in Gods image,why would I
    not reflect some of his image?
    We ALL have done things against others that are wrong.
    & because our conscience is our guide( road map)
    it lets us know we goofed. But Guilt is the most destructive
    force to carry with us. Say your sorry & get on with a GREAT day.
    When Jesus spoke with Mary Magdelen...He said ,He had no problem
    with her. "go & sin no more"BUT we also know the FLESH is weak....
    our SPIRIT is willing, & as you said the things we want to do we dont always
    but the things we didnt want to do. we do!!! But HE LOVES us anyway. So stop the guilt sweetie
    Accept the LOVE !!!!It is FREE!!!!!( so are we)

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Girlie

It is a struggle. One that has caused me much mental and physical discomfort over the years. One that I am starting to say to heck with and just resign myself to whatever fate that is coming to me.

Why don't you do just that? That's exactly what Paul tells us to do. Trust that Jesus has done all the work necessary for your salvation. Only His righteousness is acceptable to God. There are no righteous men. None!

Rom 3:19

Now we know that whatever the law says it speaks to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to God. 20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin. 21But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it-- 22the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit