My dog is grossing me out

by horrible life 16 Replies latest jw friends

• horrible life
    horrible life

My dog is grossing me out. She is eating all of the locusts she can find! They are alive and buzzing. Sometimes she chews, other times just swallowing. Been doing this for a couple of days that I know of.

Yes I feed her, very well. Is she lacking something in her diet?

Or, is she just getting a BUZZ? LOL LOL

Seriously, is this OK?

• Odrade
    Odrade

Yeah, probably won't hurt her. Locusts are very edible/digestible.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I can't keep fresh flowers or live plants in the house, because my cat eats them. According to the vet, we are feeding them the best cat food on the planet, so I don't think they're lacking anything. But they still like to eat plants and flowers. Our dog will eat used kleenex and sanitary napkins every time she gets a chance to get in the trash. Talk about a gross out!

• John Doe
    John Doe

Trust me, dogs eat a whole lot worse!

• caliber
    caliber

horriblelife, your dog according to this google image is being very "French.. "Well i do, that is for sure. Its not like they don't know bugs are bad for you. Obviously they have that little common sense. They do eat there own throw up, but ya know, thats acceptable. When they eat a cricket though, that is where the line is drawn. Is it a matter of them being sophisticated like the French? I am, of course, referring to their undesirable habit of eating gourmet bugs. Chocolate covered ants. Butterscotch covered centipedes. Toffee Moths. All i am saying is that our dogs need to stop this behavior. It is bad enough the French are munching on Strawberry Glazed praying Mantis.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Thanks all. I did a little research, and found out what I have thought of all of my life as locusts, are in fact circada's. Locusts look like grasshoppers.

Caliber, My daughter will be going to Germany and France, next summer. I will warn her. YUK, Are they nuts?
    Odrade, thanks alot. Maybe more protein than her canned dog food.
    Jamiebowers, My daughter told me that she saw her eat a flower, when we moved into our new house.
    John Doe, I don't want to think about that!

• Farkel
    Farkel

John the Baptist ate them with fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Farkel

• Lucky Calamity
    Lucky Calamity

I saw a show once where people were cooking and eating cicadas, and when you said locusts and described the buzzing, I thought "cicada" instead of grasshopper.

Anyway, people eat them, too. I thought I would pass out watching that . . .

• Lucky Calamity
    Lucky Calamity

Yum. Cicada Recipes. Maybe you could make a quiche?

http://biology.clc.uc.edu/steincarter/recipes.htm

• Lucky Calamity
    Lucky Calamity

This guy's wife made him go out and buy separate pots and pans so he could cook the cicadas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6oQaCZfag4

Supposedly, they taste like almonds or potatoes . . .

"Many cicadas were harmed in the making of this program."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit