Greetings....

by Girlie 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Girlie
    Girlie

Just wanted to say hello to all here. I really don't have much of a story to tell about myself. Just find myself at a crossroads of sorts and wondering if I should stay or move on, although the greater part is telling me to move on.

Long story short, I have been a baptised JW for 14 years. Started off ok, but find myself feeling burned out by this religion's oppression and absurd teachings. Find it futile for me to want to continue preaching a message that I find hard to believe in myself. Never agreed on the disfellowshipping to be a "loving" arrangement by God and please don't get me started with the whole dating arrangment. How is it even possible to even find someone in the faith to marry when this religion goes out of its way to create a divide among the sexes? Also, add to the mix some eye-opening situations in the organization coupled with some revelation of falsehoods and you make for one unhappy customer.

However, what keeps me staying is some friendships I have made along the way (particularly with this one sister who I consider to be my best friend ) and of course, my newly converted parents (don't like the idea of not being able to have them in my life). So, thus, my dilemma.

I started reading at some of the "apostate" sites and that have led me to my own little research and discoveries. I still have much to learn and read as some of what I have read are very thought-provoking, while others are a bit hard to digest. That led me to this site.

So here I am on the road of contemplation wondering what and where will this journey lead me to.

• wobble
    wobble

Big Welcome Girlie,

Wherever your journey takes you,make sure YOU are in control,not some mind-controlling cult. Individual Witnesses can be great, I have had to lose the companionship of many that I love and respect since I have ceased being a part of the WT.

But I had to decide to move on,as to stay meant not being true to myself. If you have any questions,remember the search facility at the top of the page, nearly all subjects have been dealt with on this board,even losing your best "friend".

So, all the best for the future,may your journey lead to freedom and happiness.

Love

Wobble

• Girlie
    Girlie

Thanks Wobble for the warm reception. Much appreciated. I will look through this site and read on some of the posts and will go from there.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Welcome Girlie. Whatever happens, whatever you decide to do with your info, you have friends here.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome.

Darn that you probably worked so hard to get your parents involved and are now seeing the less than rosy side of JWs!

Read alot here....take the time to digest what you learn......don't push anything.....just become more informed.

• flipper
    flipper

GIRLIE- Welcome to the board ! Nice to have you here ! It certainly is a dillemma when we find out that many things we learned as witnesses aren't true or real. I too have family still in the organization so 6 years ago I decided to fade, which is stop attending meetings so I wouldn't keep hearing the mind control drivel put into my head. I just try to talk with my family generally about family things- not witness stuff. If you get a chance there are a few books I highly recommend reading to assist you in determining what happened that caused you to contemplate leaving the JW's and also help you move on.

One book by Ray Franz is called " Crisis of Conscience " . He's a former Governing body member who left the witnesses after 60 years - he describes the REAL way things go on behind closed doors at Bethel. And 2 books by Steve Hassan, " Combatting Cult Mind Control" & " Releasing the Bonds- Empowering People to Think for Themselves " . These books really benefitted me as I was raised in the witnesses and in for 44 years . I wish you the best - you are among friends here who understand. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Welcome girlie.....

• White Dove
    White Dove

Welcome, Girlie! You'll find a boatload of information here on everything. I would say happy reading, but I've been where you are. The happy part comes much later. Here's to discovery. There's room on the roller coaster. Hop on board!

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Welcome to your new world Girlie. There are so many here, along with so many unique circumstances that your sure to find a road best suited for ya. Good luck and congratulations as you embark on the road to discovery.

• Girlie
    Girlie

Thank you all for your warm greetings. Thanks for the suggested readings too Mr. Flipper. I read a bit about Ray Franz and am aware of his book. I believe a little trip to the library or an order on amazon is soon in the makings. Thanks again for the support.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit