Woman Killed Infant/Cannibalism (graphic post)

by Yizuman 38 Replies latest social current

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Woah. This woman was a JW?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I was just telling that to someone at work. It's called 'religous frenzy'.

I think bad beliefs can exacerbate a dangerous psychosis. I can't help but wonder what might be different if this woman simply didn't believe that there were all-powerful supernatural beings who could make her do anything? She'd still have the brain chemistry going haywire, but would it have been Satan talking to her? Or god? Would whatever voices she might still have heard tell her to kill her child?

Postpartum psychosis is a weird, wild, primal thing.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Primal is right. It happens in the animal kingdom all the time. We as humans are supposed to be above that, though. I think something happened to her during re-animation (sort of joking).

• DJK
    DJK

She's mentally incompetent to stand trail. She may live out her days comfortably in a hospital prison.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Wow, her and her Mom were devout JW's?

That religion can put some crazy ideas in your head let alone if you are already mentally unstable..I would hate to think of what it could do to someone like that. Poor baby, never even had a chance.

Due to the overcrowding in a mental hospital as Tat already suggested is probably what caused the chain of events..leading to the infants death.

I wonder if the JW religion will ever see the damage they are capable of causing ?

Snoozy

• Gayle
    Gayle

This such a very sad story to say the least. I know, JWs get very defensive when it is publicized when they have a member commit such heinous things and then it is all over in the newspapers. Of course, when other people in other religions are very devout, it is often publicized about their religion also. But since many people are not necessarily devout, then their religion is not mentioned.

However, JWs are known for throwing their "judgemental stones" publicly going door to door, they make themselves so very public. They live in a glass "church" or Hall, therefore in return "judgemental stones" are thrown back.

• Scully
    Scully

If she is a "devout" JW as the newspaper and neighbour alleges, I wonder how quickly a Judicial Committee™ will be convened to expedite the announcement that Otty Sanchez is No Longer One Of Jehovah's Witnesses­™? Gotta Keep The Congregation Clean™ and Above Reproach™, dontcha know.

That said, if postpartum psychosis is indeed at the root of this sickeningly offensive act, I hope she gets the appropriate help that she so desperately needs.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I sure am glad I no longer support the witlesses--if they are going to produce s*** like that, I would just as soon be an apostate. And I bet the witlesses did an expert job at downplaying this dirtbag's status as a witless after she got busted.

Question the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger: Get disfellowshipped and harassed. Kill and eat a baby: A conscience matter, unless you get busted.

• recovering
    recovering

I seem to remember that witnesses frown on getting help from mental health professionals. Is it possible this had a role in her being released/ discharging herself from the psychiatric hospital?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit