My First Post...

by BirdFood 32 Replies latest jw friends

• BirdFood
    BirdFood

Hi, I finally created an account, although I have been lurking (here and on JWD) for about 2 years. I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I wasn't able to fade as gracefully as some here have been able to do, so I lost all of my JW friends and family. I haven't had a conversation with my parents (or siblings) in over a year.

It's not all bad though, I have a lot less anxiety than I used to and am developing a self confidence that I never had before. I have great relationships with all of my "worldly" relatives now that I am out and I enjoy the freedom to live my life as I please. :) I've also met my hubby and we have a lot of fun together. So there's a lot more good than bad.

I could go on forever, but that's a good summary for starters. I'm here to make some new friends, learn, share stories and give/take support.

How about you?

BF

• IronHill
    IronHill

Congrats on your first post!

I'm fairly new myself...welcome!

• Priest73
    Priest73

fresh meat. score.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Welcome. Great user name!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Birdfood?.....................OOOOOH Right, took me awhile...I'm from Australia bit slow...thought you were a bird lover....hey it's 5am here!

Welcome!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

It's not all bad though, I have a lot less anxiety than I used to and am developing a self confidence that I never had before.

It takes it's toll, doesn't it? Glad to have you here. Seems we've had a bit of a dry spell for new posters.

• BirdFood
    BirdFood

Thanks for the welcomes, I actually have my hubby to thank for the username, he was very upset when he found out that as a worldly person he would just end up becoming "birdfood". After a while it kind of became a joke between us, so we started referring to each other as birdfood or sometimes depending on the situation "sinner"... ;) hehe

BF

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome.

You'll find plenty of support here.

Sylvia

• steve2
    steve2

Hey welcome aboard and great name. There's nothing wrong with bird food - it has a lot of goodness in it if you know how to get "at" it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit