How many of you actually "contributed"?

by Garrett 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Garrett
    Garrett

Guys,

Don't tell the elders, buuuuut, I sorta kinda maybe never contributed money....ever....

I always thought - Hey, I give a lot of my time and energy to the org, so that's how I contribute. I was also pretty stinkin poor for most of my life and didn't really have the money to give.

Anyone else like me?

On a happier note, have a wonderful time this weekend, guys and gals, LOVE YOU ALL!

Garrett

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Spot on Garrett!

in my younger years I felt guilted into giving at assemblies or conventions, but never have I "donated" any money in the last 15 years!

My reasoning was always the same as yours! I donate my time, fuel, car etc....they should be paying ME!

• cofty
    cofty
    Ditto
  • blondie
    blondie

We contributed to the utilities....nothing to headquarters.

Eventually, nothing because we were no longer going.

My husband did the accounts in 3 different congregations and found it was the same small core of people who contributed. Many believing jws don't even give $5 a month.

There are 2 answers = contributions when you believed

Contributions when you no longer believed and felt you had to attend.

It's confidential unless you write a check or put it on a debit/credit card or waltz up to the box when someone is standing there.

• a watcher
    a watcher
    I give small amounts regularly; a widow's mite. But far less than 10%.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

A hundred bucks a month, mostly going into local expenses.

i loved our local cong, and miss the people very much. feel bad to have abandoned them especially when some reached out unhypocritically to keep connections going. But I just had to move on with my life. Wish they could be free too.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Just curious "a watcher" why you would still donate to the same org, while actively participating here on an apostate forum?

Is it to combat the feelings of guilt?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I totally agree with the op. Never gave much if anything before bethel and when there i really learned how cheap those SoB are... I was there giving free labor 9+ hours a day and they STILL wanted me to donate..? No way. Greedy clowns really embittered me with their cheap mindset and when i came home i never again donated anything, even as an elder. All the time and effort i gave was more than sufficient, in my view
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ditto Morpheus!

I spent 5 years at bethel, and scraped by...literally.... No one donated to me to help me with the basic expenses of life!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

when i took over managing my elderly JW father's financials--i found he was donating £100 a month ( UK pounds )---plus a one-off £5000 towards a kingdumb hall purchase ( since sold --no refund lol )

not anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit