Being provoking can be quite good . . .

by Spike Tassel 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

says who? The WT? Then celebration of two selves is never ok. A birthday is simply a day set aside to show a person they are special. I already know the arguments promulgated by the WT...so you are not going to be able to show me any text from the Bible that does not need a WT argument accompanying it to make it seem to fit.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Spike,

You said " the celebration of self is never olay"

You base this on what? what passage of the NT?

God is in all of us, to celebrate US and his presence is US is a celebration of God, to celebrate a B-day is a celebration of love and of Life, and what is God but love and life?

Everyday I thank God and Jesus for my little ones, for my wife, for my family and on their B-day I get a chance to share that thankfulness with other people that feel the same way, all under God's love and grace, how is that wrong?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

every day ought to be the day to share thankfulness. Besides, if Satanism has one's B-day as sacred, that surely is telling.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

vassal- you said:

every day ought to be the day to share thankfulness. Besides, if Satanism has one's B-day as sacred, that surely is telling.

My reply: sure evry day ought tpo be thankful...that does not preclude setting aside a special day to show someone they are special , such as their birthday. Your last sentence on Satanism holding one's b-day as sacred is simply a continuation of the WTs weak reasoing of guilt by association and holds no water. It is akin to saying that a particular race accounts for the majority of muggings so that is telling of that race. Faulty reasoning, but that is all I could expect from those who cling to whatever straws they can to uphold WT doctrine. So, no..the fact that Satanists according to that article hold b-days a sacred is not telling of anything.

• Spike Tassel
  • isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I have seen 3 of those in the past....like you said, they the perspective of other humans...I go with Gods word which gives us the Christian freedom to decide....

I am going to let this die...kinda a waste of time for us to go back and forth on this one....

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Spike,

You are certainly entitiled to view things in your way, or the WT way, whichever you choose.

I certainly don't see it that way and there is no scriptural basis for it.

But again, you are free to feel the way you do and certainly no one s forcing you to celebrate or commerate anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit