The Watchtower September 15, 2009 (PDF)

by possible-san 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

WT: "In the first century some had to be disfellowshipped from the Christian congregation and others were reproved. It is similar today ..."

Considering that most of the first century christians were supposedly massacred; how can this statement from WT be true? Unless of course, massacre was the policy whereby they disfellowshipped. Is there similarity today, as WT claims? Perhaps they are planning to bring back the draconian policies of yore.

WT statement appears to be a claim without any historical evidence. Here is some interesting info concerning "first century christians". Oh, and don't forget they were supposed to have been massacred after the crucifixion. "Massacre of the ten thousand".

http://freethought.mbdojo.com/josephus.html

Martyrdom of the Ten Thousand.

Notice the little "hint" we are given of the craftsmans tools in the far left bottom corner.

quote:

The first record of Christians officially celebrating a Jubilee Year was in 1300 when Pope Boniface VIII called the worlds Christians to come to Rome. The Holy Year prescription is for the Christian to make a pilgrimage to Rome, the site of the brutal massacre of thousands of first century Christians

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

WT: "Today god has not given Christians the power to perform such miracles..."

This is a direct denial of what the bible really teaches!

12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. (John 14:12)

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

WT: "The most important sacrifices required by Law were offered on the Day of Atonement."

Jesus was not sacrificed on the Day of Atonement! Is he therefore not considered an important sacrifice?

WT:"Jesus completed the great act of atonement after being resurrected to heaven."

Obviously, this was still not enough of a sacrifice for this god.

Paul still continued to offer animal sacrifices and encouraged others to continue. (Paul purchased animal sacrifices for others, even after the death of Jesus. (although this is not mentioned in this WT)

Would it not be hypocritical for him to preach Jesus as complete salvation when this god still required animal sacrifice?

WT:"Paul indicated the altar at the temple, upon which the sacrifices were offered, represented Jehovah's will."

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I was a member of your forum, but my account no longer works.

I tried to sign up again the last time you put up a WT for downloading, but the link went to a page full of chr$ that don't mean much to an English speaking member.

When I have WT documents that are important for all of us to see, I put them on public servers where I have no control over who can download them.

JWD has several members who do that for us and I am very grateful to them for their efforts, even if I do not reply to them and commend them for their efforts, other than to keep their threads alive so that other members can benefit.

The content of Watchtowers, past and present, are not ours to control, but knowledge of the latest 'new light' can help us to rescue our family members from their cult's mind control.

The knowledge that I am helping fellow ex-members to free their families from the cult is all the thanks I need.

Thank you for your efforts.

Chris

• possible-san
    possible-san

Black Sheep.

I was a member of your forum, but my account no longer works.

Although I already explained to you, you are not a registrant of my Japanese forum.

I resumed the English forum.
    http://bb2.atbb.jp/possible/

Please register there again.
    I'll link the newest materials there.

possible

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Thanks Possible.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Please keep in mind that the articles are aimed at an international, global readership. When translated, I`d suppose that American names, sound "ethnic" or foreign to e.g. a Japanese or Scandinavian reader...

When a general article in the Watchtower e.g. are using names, experiences or quoted from a specific country, the article is most likely written or compiled in that country. E.g. in this issue, the first article is likely written in Poland.

The last article is a life story from Spain, and the name of the author is also given (or as told by)... That life story comes from Spain...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I think I have managed to get in again, Possible.

I will check in tomorrow.

Listening to Savoy Brown's 'Looking in' is taking precedence right now.

Look it up on bittorent. I am 100% sure you can find it.

Cheers

Chris

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Thank you to all involved in making this available!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

One issue strongly worded here is that Jehovah is more important than family and will require a choice between the two. The story of Abraham's willingness to sacrifice is son is used as the example of choosing loyalty to god over family.

My question: How is this god Jehovah any different from moleck and the others who required child sacrifice?

WT: Abraham had been so determined to obey God that he felt sure his only hope of seeing Issac alive again would be by means of a resurrection."

MY question: I was under the impression that most christian religions taught resurrection was through belief in Jesus. This seems to contradict the need for accepting salvation through Jesus.

The stronger message here, though, seems to be toward your families. Even if WT tells them to shun you, deny you, cast you aside, you must do this as an act of obedience to Jehovah WT control. What are the consequences if you do not obey? It will cost you your own life.

Is this not a selfish response? Does Jesus not teach there is no greater love than to lay down your own life for your brother? How much more should a mother's love be? Or a father? Or a blood brother or sister?

This story also gives an example of theocratic warfare: use people to do your bidding or whatever you can get out of them; they do not need to know your real motive or your intentions for them. Abraham had Issac to carry the fire wood and gather the rocks for the grill. Do you think Issac would have gone along with this willingly had he known that he was to be set on fire? If he did know, would not this have been cruel emotional torture?

This example of what this WT god requires goes against natural human feelings. Even some animals in their limited brain capacity have more love for their offspring. I am reminded of the Aesop fable of the mother duck who plucks her own breast feathers till her chest bleeds in order to keep her ducklings warm.

WT:"Abraham had faith God would perform resurrection."

Was Abraham actually putting god to the test? Was he hoping for god to teach him a new magic trick? Was his "faith" an ulterior motive to learn untold secrets?

Personally, I think WT is setting the tone for families to sacrifice and cut ties with those who will not get with the WT program.

They also offer the "comfort" that should the WT god later find anything of value in your apostate family member that the WT god will resurrect them. (It's out of your hands anyway, so you might as well just try to save yourself!)

That teaching should assuage any guilt your parents/children may have toward you.

Those words also help to sever natural affection and relieve any responsibility or family duty they should have toward you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit