What did you dream about doing in the "New System"?

by lurk3r 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Life in the New System, did you give it much thought? Sure, we would be brought to perfection, and there would be a resurrection, but how about other things?

In my years growing up and living as a JW, I never really thought about it that much. At least not in detail. Did you?

As silly as it may sound, I wanted to be able to show resurrected ones new technologies that never existed when they were alive. I thought that would be very exciting.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I basically dreamed about living on a pacific beach somewhere, basically secluded. Swimming in a lagoon daily, having a small garden and monthly deliveries for groceries. I was hoping for some sort of communication device basically wireless internet so I could still talk to people if I wanted, but that was basically my goal.

• DT
    DT

I wanted to be on the board of weights and measures. I imagined inventing a new measuring system and perhaps a new number system based on 12 or 24 (it would be more mathematically efficient and "holier" from a Biblical perspective). Of course, most witnesses thought I was crazy. The had a hard time grasping that mankind has used many different measuring and number systems and that there was no reason to assume that we would have to be burdened with the ones we are now using for all eternity. I began to realise that an eternity with Jehovah's Witnesses wouldn't result in an improvement of the human condition. It would just be more blind obedience of humans who are lacking in imagination.

• Priest73
    Priest73

Christie Brinkley

• caliber
    caliber

The bountiful crops of fruit and vegetables to enjoy with tons of Friends , with must laughter. ...true enjoyment

of life without time dead-lines and stress ! Peace & harmony with everyone ... time to travel to see all the beauties

of mother earth .... To explore from the mountain tops to the floor of the sea !

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Thank you for the replies.

lol @ Priest.

DT - I could not help but smile a big grin with your post! I would imagine that some may have found your request to be on the "Board of Weight and Measures", somewhat hard for many to grasp. The New System, isn't really talked about in detail from my recollections. Good points too btw, ty.

Tuesday - It would seem your idea of Paradise could almost be lived today!

Caliber - I hear you loud and clear.

Thanks again.

• WhereWasI
    WhereWasI

I really had a hard time picturing myself in the new system. I kind of felt like it was going to be more of the same stuff for a long time...Bible Studies with all those resurrected people and then cleaning and cultivating the earth which seemed daunting. I never could get past that. When I really thought about it I would get lost in thinking about how it was all going to come together.

WhereWasI

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I don't think I ever thought of what I would do. For the most part perhaps not working as hard as I do.

h4o

• InOregon
    InOregon

The PO and his family in my congregation felt that if a person was not learning to enjoy gardening now, then they were not showing they really believed in the paradise earth where everyone would have to tend to gardens.

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

I hardly ever thought about it because even as a jw in good standing, i never thought i'd be worthy or good enough to be there anyway! Boy, did i have some self-esteem issues back then - issues brought on and encouraged by the constant 'nothing you ever do is good enough' mentality of the Borg! Maybe deep down i just couldn't really see a paradise earth ever happening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit