Another 1975 Thread (Scans of Oct 15, 1969 WT)

by brinjen 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I posted this video before, I find it to be one of the best available sources to show that the literature is conclusive enough to blame WTS for leading the members to their conclusions, and what was said at conventions was even more direct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaXbBVVoeEQ&feature=channel_page

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

IF, as some posters have said, the WT did NOT thing that 1975 was THE date and that confusion was caused by "overly anxious people", then why did the WT bring up that date of 1975 to begin with ??

• brinjen
    brinjen

How long did this 'campaign' go for? Around 7 years? And it's not like it was just one or two mentions... there were DA talks, more WT articles... of course that famous 1968 Awake quote of young people facing the "fact" they will never grow old in this system of things... I love how they imply that it was Jesus words and not theirs.

Makes you wonder if they might in future speculate on the date of when Adam and Eve first sinned, and make something of THAT.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

well done Brin, have saved, hope the relevant people take time to read it

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Yes, started around 69 I think. I am not sure if they would try to parallel the sin to today...although you never know. Several years ago they threw in a parallel between the 120 years before the flood of Noah's day. Perahps they would throw the idea out there and see how people react?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Regarding your comment on how they made it Jesus words, isn't that what all their 'new light" really is? Their current position is always Jehovah's words, not theirs. When it changes it is because Jehovah saw fit to reveal new light to them. So, a dub under delusion has a difficult time waking up since they would not Jehovah messed up, and the org has them convinved God is behind eveything they do.

• wobble
    wobble

So was Jehovah or Jesus lying to them in 1969 ?

• brinjen
    brinjen

True, very true. That was one of the points that actually helped wake me up... when I first starting looking at apostate sites and realised how much their doctrine had changed just in my lifetime. You don't notice it when it's just a change here and there but it adds up over time... while the bible stays the same. That got me thinking...

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

The 1995 change to 'this generation' woke me up in a sense. it told me to get on with my life, as no one knew when the end would come. It told me the WT was nothing special. Years later when revisiting, I discovered that was not even the tip of the iceberg!

• sir82
    sir82

Paragraph 42 is the killer. As OTWO points out, "Would have to be" and "yes indeed" are pretty strong.

The good thing about this is that the 1969 WT appears on the WT-CD, unlike the Awake magazines from the 60's, with their similarly strong statements, which do not. So it might be possible to open the eyes of an open-minded JW (I know, sounds like an oxymoron, but there are a few) who says "the Society never promoted 1975, merely suggested it."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit