Do JW's now believe the year 2012 will bring armageddon?

by dutchstef 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

Last weekend I was enjoing the good weather in Holland with my mother and my kid sister, who still is a JW, on a terras, drinking a beer.

My mother always tries to tell something positive that happened at the cong or something that she read in the washtowel and then I react negative or not at all. It's a kind of game I don't know.

This time she said something like despite the fact that armageddon doesn't have to come during the generation of 1914, that does not mean that it isn't near... and then my kid sister reacted on this and said yes...possibly 2012...

I was pretty stunned... of this remark.

Has anyone else heard something about the JW's now focussing on the year 2012?

• cognac
    cognac

I haven't heard that at all...

• reniaa
    reniaa

Nope

• blondie
    blondie

Not from jw/wts sources. We have joked around here about 2014 (100 years after 1914) and 2034 (120 years after 1914--paralleling the 120 years before the flood), but we don't take them that seriously. 2012 is a date from when the Mayan calendar ends (and a movie that is coming out this year). I guess some individual jws are desperate for a date.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I guess some individual jws are desperate for a date.

LOL @ blondie! I like the double meaning on that one.

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

Well maybe it's jus a thought from my kid sister...

Allready couldn't Almost believe it when I heard it, from her. But you never know.

Guess they do did learn from 1975

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Guess they do did learn from 1975

Even if they do deny that they ever actually said it.

• Plummet
    Plummet

That is going through the gossip lines here and with witless family 1800 miles away.

The story is that a computer was made to outline the future of mankind and the computer stopped at 2012 because of how bad everthing is getting.

Or something along those lines.

These are the same ones who warned us of the big Y2K Disaster that ended the world, invisably.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

If 2012 doesn't bring armageddon a good laxative will...

• processor
    processor

There are a number of other guys predicting the end of the world for 2012 - the Maya Calendar, Nostradamus etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit