New here

by FinchAndWeston 25 Replies latest jw friends

• FinchAndWeston
    FinchAndWeston

yeah - funny how this site just draws you in . i like the energy in this forum. always an interesting read, here, that's for sure! i love how everyone here is from the JWorld and can relate to each other's pain.

p.s. i added this site to my RSS reader last year and i'm constantly checking for new posts. yes, i have been lurking for a while.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Finch: OMG I'd totally forgotten about "The Day After." We must be about the same age--I was a young teenager when that was on TV and, like you, it scared the sh*t out of me. I remembe that my (elder) dad stayed up late with me afterward going over all the scrips as to why God won't allow that to happen. Sigh.

Welcome to the board BTW. "Who Wrote the Bible" by R. Friedman should be on your reading list, as well as "The Bible Unearthed" by Finkelstein (sp?), both very eyeopening to JWs like myself who had always taken the authorship as set out in the that neat little chart at the back of the NWT. Amazing what a bit of scholarship can do for a person.

• musky
    musky

"A question to the experienced faders : what do you say if you run into elders?"

If you run into them and knock them down then just apologize and maybe help them up to their feet and get dusted off.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

No fading experience here since I was df'd out of the borg. But welcome to JWN!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Did not see this post earlier. Welcome to the forum, Finch and Weston.

Any other new ones, Welcome!!

• cantleave
    cantleave

A PO (or as they are now known Coordinator of Elders) I know had a goaty until recently. I think he shaved it off because he wanted a part on a circuit Assemby programme. Talk about controlling.

Anyway welcome to the forum, I'm new here too, learning so much everyday, it is a great forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit