Did You Feel The Love As A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Other than feeling "love bombed" when you first started associating with the "brotherhood", did you experience the "love" in your years within the Organization?

If you felt truly loved, was it in reality, a "conditional love"?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

No......, I guess that is the answer that the board expects, but in reality we always believed that the real Christian love was lacking in our congregation...whichever congregation we were in. The love, we were sure was elsewhere in the Organisation and it must be just our congo that was an exception,

• shamus100
    shamus100

No.

I attended a lot of congregations Minimus, and for the most part they were very cold, people were very uncaring, and when someone just stopped attending nobody gave a damn. This was actually a good thing for me, because I dropped off the face of the earth before they could come looking for me!

There were some very caring people in the congregation but it was conditional - conditional on your meeting attendance. When you become a lost sheep in Jehovahs borganization you are treated as shit.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No..There were groups of Jehovah`s Witness`s that hung out..

They would still turn on each other in a heartbeat..

If thats what the WBT$ required..

......................OUTLAW

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I felt loved and yes it was conditional and I understand that contract, do I like it, of course not, but I respect it.

I have some very dear friends that I miss and possibly someday, our love and friendship will become active once again.

purps

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I never felt love as a JW, but I can't honestly say I've experienced it outside of the JWs either.

Except from the guy in my avatar. Everyone else was just interested in what they could get from me.

W

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I want to add,

Did you or do you love any JW's unconditionally?

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

I found the j-dubs i knew to be pretty much the same as worldly people, just less interesting.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I came from a family that was ready to show love to others. We often had people live with us who needed a place to stay, both witnesses and worldly relatives. We even gave one family a car. When the situation was reversed and my family needed help we got nadda. I know there are individual witnesses like us who would do anything to help their fellows. They are by far the exception, when they were supposed to be the rule. Shortly before I left, I learned that there are worldly people like that, too. We didn't have the monopoly on love that the society says we did.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    We didn't have the monopoly on love that the society says we did.

I think this is a very important point that those who are born in do not realize.

The world is generally a good place and a vast majority of people want to help others....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit