Jesse Jackson comments on MJ funeral

by frozen one 17 Replies latest jw friends

• frozen one
    frozen one

Rev Jackson said regarding the private MJ funeral and the Jackson family that they are "devoutly religious...Jehovah's Witnesses, led by Katherine Jackson," and the private funeral will be held "under the discipline of their religious order..."

The private service may be held this evening.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/31758315#31758315

• DJK
    DJK

A separate service sounds about right. Private means no worldly people invited. Although little will be said about Michael, the father and Michael's siblings. It will be all about Katherine.

• blondie
    blondie

Don't forget that Rebbie, his oldest sister, and her husband and family are also jws.

• shamus100
    shamus100

So he is getting a dub funeral... LOL.

I am willing to bet you all the money in the world that it won't be at an a-typical windowless kingdumb hall.

• Quandry
    Quandry

What????????????

How does he get a JW funeral--didn't he dissasociate himself and actually become a Muslim?

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

LOL! I can't believe he is getting any kind of JW funeral! Didn't he disassociate in 1987? What kind of JW funeral would he have? Is this all because of Katherine?

I watched a rerun of Larry King's interview with Jermaine last night. I thought he seemed very uncomfortable talking about their religion and their plans for a religious funeral. ( I totally understood. I've buried 2 parents without a JW service much to the despair of my mother's family.)

But he clearly said that they were RAISED as JWs. He said that as they traveled around the world and learned about other things they became interested in other religions and that HE now practiced Islam. He did not indicate that anyone was still a JW.

• cognac
    cognac

That would be so friggin funny if he got a JW funeral!!! You know how many JWs I would absolutely love to tell that to???

• frozen one
    frozen one

I wonder what "under the discipline of their religious order" means? Will there be a memorial service, sans casket, at the Jackson's congregation with a brief mention of the deceased followed by the reading of Brooklyn boilerplate? Or will the service be held graveside with family and a few key witness friends and others? I've been to some witness graveside services and they have been much more about the deceased compared to the kingdom hall services.

Speaking of kingdom halls, do you suppose attendence at the Jackson's hall has been up in the last week or so? Has the media been staking the place out to record any Jackson family sightings? Have fans been leaving flowers, candles, and cards at the door?

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Jesse Jackson is just talking off the top of his head he doesn't know shit about the funeral.

A JW wouldn't hold or give a talk at a funeral unless that person was an active JW baptized or not.

Its highly unlikely lets say, but perhaps since the Jacksons have celebrity status and wealth, there may be a over looking of things.

Jesse is trying to put himself in the lime light as he usually does in a event surrounding a well known afro-American celebrity.

Remember MJ didn't have thing to do with JWS for more than 25 years.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I would not be surprised if he had a JW service. When my brother committed suicide, who was never a witness, but my mother is.

He had a JW funeral. He only studied with someone a few times as a courtesy to my Mom. He hated the JW's.

The Kingdom Hall was offered to the family but I put a stop to that, taking into consideration the hardship it would take

on ALL the other family members and friends that were not JW's. So the service was at the Funeral Home.

The elder mentioned in my brothers funeral talk that he studied, so he definately showed an interest in becoming a JW.

I realize that the circumstances are different with MJ than my brother,

but I still am not surprised that MJ would have a service, simply for the sake of his Mother wishes.

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit