Oldest bible being put online - what will that mean for WTS teachings?

by Simon 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon

(and of course for christianity as a whole)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7651105.stm

The problem is ... the oldest bible shows that it's been changed significantly so all the claims about it being gods word are clearly bogus. Of course, the fundies will still claim that it is, that gods word has never changed and that the changes are just a test of their faith anyway.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

This made me LOL

For this place is holy to three great religions: Judaism, Christianity and Islam; a land where you can still see the Burning Bush where God spoke to Moses.

Anyway, sounds very interesting. After reading the comments to the article, I think religions will do whatever it takes to keep preaching what they are preaching.

Glad it will be online so people will be able to check it out and come to their own conclusions.

purps

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Very, VERY cool.

• orbison11
    orbison11

yes, very cool, as it will be to look it up again in a year

as for the wts, dont think it will change a thing

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The project is online already.

Thanks for the 'heads up' Simon

http://www.codex-sinaiticus.net/en/

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

No English Translation available?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

so what are the major differances?

• reniaa
    reniaa

while it is an old bible the article itself admits we have older transcripts of each of the books but not in one bible. Intersting but not overwhemingly so it was still put together after the second century because it has barnabus in it.

What might rock the world is an original book of mathew in hebrew from the 1st century.

Reniaa

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Do you mean Shem Tov's Hebrew Matthew, Ren?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Ren in my curent spiritual state u are the worst person to respond right now.

I'd love to see a side by side comparison or truth and trooof

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit