Things I learned at the 2009 DC !!!

by tresdecu 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

When you don't have to pay wages, then you can assign three people to do the job of an inanimate object:

LOL @ undercover! No kidding. "How to make people feel inadequate" by the WTS. I was wondering what those guys did to piss off someone higher up.

• hotspur
    hotspur

On the doorstep of Armageddon

That just has to be the ultimate in confident talk. I suppose that's all it takes ..... a few confident words by super confident, company men!

I'm certain they are not on the footpath of the right address, let alone the doorstep!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

ml:

Three guys doing a job that could be done by a stick or a pice of tape. That is a "short bus priviledge".

that's just wrong....lol....there are lots of "busy work" jobs in the Borg.... but when you have to house and feed them (...bethel)...then they lay them off....unpaid idiots at a DC...... yeah....give 'em a sign....... "restroom closed"....

.......idiots walking around distracting people....remember these other DC sign department gems?:

"if it's on the floor please pick it up".....

"quiet please"....

"please keep moving"

undercover:

When you don't have to pay wages, then you can assign three people to do the job of an inanimate object

because people ignore signs...not just dubs..... When I did janitorial for a discount store here in town, I would put up a similar sign. women especially would ignore it and come on in while I was mopping....and expect me to leave.....and have the audacity to complain that the toilets were not clean. Even though there was a perfectly clean employees restroom in the back of the store...oh, wait, they would have had to walk 100 feet down the aisle.....

eventually...I just started ignoring their requests for me to leave... I just cleaned other stalls while they took a dump in their stall.

Snakes ()

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Yeah, I think they're camped on this doorstep:

vacancy

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

So the WT of '97 (Oompa's post) admitted "over optimism " on the part of the Watchtower. NB This is not on the part of any one brother in his personal judgement . That would not matter so much. This is on the part of the printed "Truth" of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave", the "truth" that is supposed to be not merely inspired but "Spirit Directed"

The definition of directed is much tighter than inspired. It tells us that God is responsible for it. But wait ! Can God be "over optimistic?" As the apostle Paul would say "Never may that happen !" it is "Impossible for him to lie" and he cannot make a mistake.

They admit then that this printed, and key doctrine of the Watchtower at that time was just optimism, and misplaced optimism at that . !

How can they expect thinking people to believe that they have "The Spirit " when afterwards they just shrug off their failures as "optimism"

Perhaps Bernie Madoff was "optimistic" that his scheme would pay out ......but he still got 150 years !

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    Missing Link said: Three guys doing a job that could be done by a stick or a piece of tape. That is a "short bus privilege".

HA! Beautifully said, Missing! Honestly, how can these guys keep a straight face. When ministerial servants in suits and ties are handed these signs, has NOT ONE of them EVER politely announced, "I'll get some tape!"

Loved Undercover's "inanimate object" too.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

>>Also I saw the most hilarious bathroom bros. - Three 'brothers' standing in front of the sis's bathroom. Two holding a sign saying "closed" and one in the middle holding a sign saying "cleaning in progress"

They probably needed to have three guys guarding the door in case any nasty apostates tried to burst into the bathroom and disrupt the important work of Jehovah's organization.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    disrupt the important work of Jehovah's organization.

You mean the Watchtower movement????

• undercover
    undercover
    disrupt the important work of Jehovah's organization.
    You mean the Watchtower movement????

heh heh good one

• rebel8
    rebel8

There's gotta be a joke in that story somewhere.

Q. How many brothers does it take to guard the bathroom from cross-legged sisters hopping on one leg because they need to pee?

A. Three. Two to hold the signs, one to admonish the sisters for not having better self-control.

Back when I went to ass-emblies, I always signed up to work the entire time so I wouldn't have to sit in those hard seats and listen to the drivel. (Then they started piping it in to the hoagie assembly lines, but it was easier to daydream while piling 1.5 slices of lukewarm mystery meat, Velveeta, and some brown shreds of lettuce onto a soggy day-old bun.)

At one point I discovered how to access the elevator. (They kept it locked and blocked off.) I rode that damn thing up and down 3 floors for hours, just to avoid sitting down. My friend discovered you could stop the elevator between floors and keep it there. ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit