My Mother Says Matter of Factly "You're Gonna Die At Armageddon"

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

We were conversing and she said it like it was a fact that she simply has accepted.

I actually found it quite funny.

• blondie
    blondie

And I would have said, "You're going to die at Armageddon for presuming to judge for God."

• chickpea
    chickpea

you can agree with 60% of that sentence

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

I love that you have a sense of humor about that statement. I got that one too. Oh wait...my kids are gonna die too. And it's all my fault.

I think it's a great idea to store that information away for inspiration to move on.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I would have said "Mother, we're all going to die. No one gets out of this life alive."

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

how can anyone say someone else is going to die or at this point is it even real? i have heard people say that about others in conversations - see my post on 2012 the movie today- and they look forward to seeing people die. i think of all the bs i have had to live with, this one takes the fn cake.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Nice to know you're loved.

We'll all be dead of old age before the WT Armageddon happens. How long have they been trying to scare people with that?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    "You're Gonna Die At Armageddon"

Is this prophetic? Does that mean you'll live until the sun becomes a red giant?

Lucky bastard.

W

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Good point FF,

Mini, If Mom is sure that you're gonna die at the big A, that means your gonna live a very, very, very long time. Like maybe 2000 years from now?

B the X

• ziddina
    ziddina

Like Finally-Free and Billy the X said... My smart-aleck response would have been "WHICH Armageddon? There've been at least 100 life-destroying, planet-affecting events in the history of the planet - heck, Planet Earth's had that many meteorites and asteroids make it thru the atmosphere to impact the earth, alone! And don't get me started on volcanic eruptions, with their attendant tsunamis, earthquakes, and pyroclastic flows...

Zid Im very angry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit