Am I back in JW land?

by hotchocolate 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Angharad
    Angharad

I think I made it clear in my last post why I locked it.

I have never seen Reniaa personally attack anyone on here but some of the posts directed at her have been very insulting. You are free to debate and disagree with her but the number of topics directed at her lately just for the purpose of attacking and making fun of her is getting completely out of hand, I have removed quite a few but people don't seem to be taking the hint that we have had enough.

As Amazing said constantly attacking someone because they have an opinion that doesn't agree with the majority of people here make ExJws seem intolerant, which is something that the JWs are always accused of.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I can't post on my "GO BACK RENAII" topic... Anyone have any tips for me? x

Why not just post on the 50 other reniaa threads that have been started?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well done Anghared

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have no problem in seeing threads locked when their sole purpose is to single out a poster and attack that poster. Whether we are active witlesses (and some on this board are, in fact, active and believe that they are correct or 99% correct) or posters with far-out ideas and predictions about what is next, or even posters that continually predict that the end of the world is coming in 2011, these are all personal opinions and ideas.

Attack the post--dissect it, see if there are any blatant logical fallacies, rebut it--but not directly attack the poster. As for those 2011 posts, we will see for sure whether they are correct when 2012 gets here.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Well said, Angharad and Wiz.

Sylvia

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I have not even looked at all the threads involving this poster. Clearly there is obsession going on from more than this single poster.

To me, she is way over the top, and what little I have seen from those who don't like her is just as far the other way.

She stuck her head in on one of my threads this week, missed the entire point of it, insulted me, and left. I see no need to bring out the flame-thrower with this one - she means well I suppose - half the time I can't figure out where she is coming from. Some take a lot longer to wash the WTS out of their hair than others. Some conceptual misdirection that becomes embedded is hard to shake loose. I hold out hope for her.

I hope in a couple years she is on her flaming those who support the WTS - but until then - live and let live I say.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit