Apostate question

by minu 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wordlygirl
    Wordlygirl

Sounds like we are in the "toenails" of the image in Daniel............

And they have a terrible fungus.

Wordlygirl

• Dagney
    Dagney

"Sounds like we are in the "toenails" of the image in Daniel............"

I heard the PO in my old hall said "we are the dirt under the toenails of the image...."

Of course we are. **sigh**

Don't worry minu, it is the same o thing. They really have not come through with any of their predictions. This is just more "we are so close...can you just feeeeeel it?"

It would be interesting to find out what the PO info was, maybe a further responsibilities, legal-wise. Aren't they back there for a week? I mean, what could they possibly need a week for?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

yeah I remember a talk at the Circuit A$$embly in 1977, where they asked do we live our lives as if we REALLY believe we are "living in the last hours of this wicked system"??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHa

Yet these ************ forbid "self abuse"

HB

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    where they were told that we are living in the last days of the last days.

Holy shit, we are?! That must've come as quite a shock.

• minu
    minu

Thanks all for your comments. I realize that this is just more of their same ole song and dance. In fact, I thought this when the words came out of his mouth. I'm not worried about the world coming to an end in 2012. Even if it does, at least I won't feel regret for not doing things I've always wanted to do. Since I've been df'd I've done more things in those few years than my whole of being a JW.

I'll never go back to the JWs but I guess with grandpa coming into my work by himself without Grandma which is a huge thing for him, and asking me that then to just look so old and broken. It just made me wonder what the folks in NY are actually telling these poor people. I really do feel sorry for my family that is still in. They are all so unhappy. It makes me sad to see them sad, while I am happy and living my life like a normal person without all the pressure of the org.

Thanks for listening to me.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I would LOVE to hear something about a talk saying "like Noah's ark we're now closing the doors." I don't think it will happen, but man oh man would it be phenominal if it did. I'm assuming he just got back from a session where they stressed how really, REALLY, Superdy-duper close to the end we are.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I talked to my dad last night. He said that all "coordinators" formerly known as P.O's have to go through this week long training. He said nothing new, just helping them to lead the body of elders and give them a refresher course on some of the doctrines.

On a side note....the other elder that my dad had to room with at Patterson, is the coordinator in a new hall in my city! He wants to come meet with me...fuck me!!! I had to hurt my dad's feelings and tell him I was not interested in speaking with this person. Of all the one he could have ended up rooming with, it would have to be someone that lives in my area!! geez!!!!!!!!

• minu
    minu

BabyGirl75, I'm so sorry to hear this. That sucks. Of course, your dad probably thinks it was a blessing that he got to room with someone where you live so he could try to "save" you.

• yknot
    yknot

Thanks BG75 for the added info!

I wonder if they will heighten the vibe as 2014 draws near but never 'officially' mentioning 2014..... cuz they did learn a thing or two from 1975.

Minu.....2012 only expected arrival is the solar max.

• parakeet
    parakeet

He urged me to "pray incessantly" and to get back to Jehovah ASAP because he just finished attending school in Patterson where they were told that we are living in the last days of the last days.

Thanks for the heads up, minu. Maybe now, after more than 30 years of silence, the elders in my old KH will finally pay me a visit to warn me about the "last days of the last days."

Hang on a second; there's someone at the door now! It must be them! .................... nope, just a kid selling school candy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit