The Pacific Northwest

by compound complex 92 Replies latest jw experiences

• beksbks
    beksbks

I actually really enjoyed those movies CoCo. I own several, including The Egg and I.

• watson
    watson

LOL, bench presses..

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

lovely - thanks coco

was looking for something gritty to read over the summer

• compound complex
    compound complex

You're welcome, quietlyleaving! Thanks for the .

Well, beks, this is quite interesting.

I know now what that earlier comment about vampires is referencing: Forks, WA. I have no idea if the author of Twilight is from there, but I know that Betty MacDonald wrote about her home and it was a hit, as wiki points out. It shows to go you that it pays to write about what and who you know ...

I write about clouds ... am I from the PNW and loony, too?

CoCo Head-in-the-Clouds

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

You all need to go over the N.Cascades Highway if you want to see the most beautiful place on the planet. That's all. And when you go, stop by and visit me. I will feed you:) I am just off I-5.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Drive out to the Egg and I road (they actually call it that!) Beautiful country, but so is Vashon Island-and that is where all kinds of authors and artists of all sorts live. Another place not to be missed when you visit the PNW.

• compound complex
    compound complex

JWdaughter:

WOW! Thanks. I was in the Olympic forest as a teenager and loved it. The place was overrun with rhododendrons [state flower?].

You cook, we'll clean!

CoCo

Betty lived on Vashon in what was the Henderson home. I recall she and Don paid about 7 or 8 thousand dollars for it. Her description of the house and locale was so vivid I can still "see" them in my mind.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I love this corner of the country. I wrote a short story about The Pig War, its on line but the site seems to be having trouble. Maybe I'll post it tomorrow. The novel series I'm trying to get published is also set here.

Beks, if you think the people here are weird please take into account that most of them are from California

• compound complex
    compound complex

Jeff:

Please locate and post your story!

Thanks,

CoCo

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Hey jw dauter, I live 15 miles south of you. The North Cascades Highway is nice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit